Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On playing the caste card

+4
MaxEntropy_Man
Propagandhi711
Maria S
charvaka
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

On playing the caste card Empty On playing the caste card

Post by Guest Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:30 pm

I have played the caste card exactly once in my life. M. Iyengar's father told me 'don't you think there is a lot of cultural difference between north indians and south indians? how are you going to manage?'. I replied that yes that was true but he should not forget that we have one thing in common: we are both brahmins. And he laughed and said you are right.

Back to top Go down

On playing the caste card Empty Re: On playing the caste card

Post by charvaka Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Rashmun wrote:I have played the caste card exactly once in my life.
You are forgetting the number of occasions when you played it on CH.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:45 pm

Good for you Rashmun:)

Can't deny that when a lifemate..belongs to the same country, race, ethnicity, religion, caste, sub caste, age, let me include gender too (these days)..etc, etc, the ONE thing in common may have one set of benefits.

But you need a whole deck of cards- play with all kinds of cards to make intimate relationships work- keep it exciting and interesting, in my view!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:09 pm

charvaka wrote:

--> Keep Lying.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:10 pm

Maria S wrote:Good for you Rashmun:)

Can't deny that when a lifemate..belongs to the same country, race, ethnicity, religion, caste, sub caste, age, let me include gender too (these days)..etc, etc, the ONE thing in common may have one set of benefits.

But you need a whole deck of cards- play with all kinds of cards to make intimate relationships work- keep it exciting and interesting, in my view!

Thanks for the good wishes.

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:42 pm

Rashmun wrote:
charvaka wrote:

--> Keep Lying.
http://forums.sulekha.com/forums/coffeehouse/rashmun-if-you-wish-to-discuss-a-topic-start-a-new-thread-825683.htm#825711

Your hatred for brahmins like me is so visceral that right now they are no different from wahabists/SIMI activists in your prejudiced eyes.

I urge u to stop running around making false statements about brahmins like me

I am a brahmin by birth.

http://forums.sulekha.com/forums/philosophy/reply-to-little-fella.htm#116435

I am a Brahmin; Are you a Sudra?-Rashmun

http://forums.sulekha.com/forums/coffeehouse/akbar-s-tomb.htm#752038

The slaves in question are base born Chandalas like you and other members of your extended family who have been attending to the needs of brahmins like yours truly for several generations. -Rashmun
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:46 pm

charvaka wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
charvaka wrote:

--> Keep Lying.
http://forums.sulekha.com/forums/coffeehouse/rashmun-if-you-wish-to-discuss-a-topic-start-a-new-thread-825683.htm#825711

Your hatred for brahmins like me is so visceral that right now they are no different from wahabists/SIMI activists in your prejudiced eyes.

I am a brahmin by birth.

The slaves in question are base born Chandalas like you and other members of your extended family who have been attending to the
needs of brahmins like yours truly for several generations. -Rashmun

that was in a heated debate with LittleFella when we were both exchanging derogatory words. The words 'I am a brahmin; are you a sudara' was in response to LittleFella's question 'What is your caste' in the midst of a heated debate.

The fact that i am not a casteist is evident when one considers that i have consistently advocated the destruction of the caste system and one way i have suggested this will happen is through inter caste marriages.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:52 pm

Rashmun wrote:
charvaka wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
charvaka wrote:

--> Keep Lying.

I am a brahmin by birth.

The slaves in question are base born Chandalas like you and other members of your extended family who have been attending to the

that was in a heated debate with LittleFella when we were both exchanging derogatory words. The words 'I am a brahmin; are you a sudara' was in response to LittleFella's question 'What is your caste' in the midst of a heated debate.

The fact that i am not a casteist is evident when one considers that i have consistently advocated the destruction of the caste system and one way i have suggested this will happen is through inter caste marriages.

--> i have been abusive in the past, whenever anyone has abused me. For instance, when Uppili started calling me a malulana, mullah, jehadi, terrorist, etc. i reacted aggressively to him.
having said that, your pathetic attempts to discredit me become evident when one considers that you have to go back several years to posts i had made several years ago to dig up dirt about me. A young man is liable to make mistakes and i would like to think that i have learnt from my mistakes. For instance, i no longer react to abuses with abuses.

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:54 pm

Rashmun wrote:
charvaka wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
charvaka wrote:

--> Keep Lying.

I am a brahmin by birth.

Let me refer you to what I told you four years ago: http://forums.sulekha.com/forums/philosophy/sudra-in-the-purusha-sukta-125714.htm#125945. Hope that helps.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:57 pm

Rashmun wrote:A young man is liable to make mistakes and i would like to think that i have learnt from my mistakes. For instance, i no longer react to abuses with abuses.
Well, I am glad you admit now that you made that mistake of playing the caste card numerous times as a young man -- not exactly once as you claimed earlier in this thread. That is all I wanted to point out in the first place, so enjoy the rest of your day.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:00 pm

charvaka wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
charvaka wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
charvaka wrote:You are forgetting the number of occasions when you played it on CH.

--> Keep Lying.

I am a brahmin by birth.

Let me refer you to what I told you four years ago: http://forums.sulekha.com/forums/philosophy/sudra-in-the-purusha-sukta-125714.htm#125945. Hope that helps.

--> This is the relevant conversation that we had four years ago--from the link that u gave.

carvaka posted Re:(Carvaka)Sudra in the Purusha Sukta on 4 yrs ago
Dude, the reason for and frequency of using casteist insults hardly matter. You are either open to casteist insults, or you are not. I am sure everyone who used casteist insults thinks their use was justified. I personally don't think another person asking you a casteist or loaded caste-related question is not a good excuse to stoop to casteist insults.

Rashmun posted Re:(Carvaka)Sudra in the Purusha Sukta on 4 yrs ago
I would again like to emphasize that the response ('I am a brahmin; are you a sudra?') was to the casteist question 'What is your caste?' and this question was asked in the midst of a heated debate. My response was a kind of a snub to the casteist question. In my 10 years at CH this is the only time i have used the word sudra in a derogatory manner. Also i would again reiterate that on several occasions i have argued that inter caste marriages should be encouraged.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:06 pm

charvaka wrote:
Rashmun wrote:A young man is liable to make mistakes and i would like to think that i have learnt from my mistakes. For instance, i no longer react to abuses with abuses.
Well, I am glad you admit now that you made that mistake of playing the caste card numerous times as a young man -- not exactly once as you claimed earlier in this thread. That is all I wanted to point out in the first place, so enjoy the rest of your day.

--> the caste card was played with LF in a few heated debates we had when derogatory epithets were hurled at me. It began when in the midst of a heated debate he asked me 'What is your caste?' and i replied 'I am a brahmin; are you a sudra'. The response was to what i thought was a casteist question. i had never been asked my caste in a heated debate. the fact that i am not a casteist is very evident when one considers that i have consistently advocated the destruction of the caste system.

--> furthermore, four years ago you were a fan of my posts. you would post congratulatory messages in which you would agree with my philosophy posts in particular but also several other posts of mine. But when we had a petty disagreement in our view on Digvijay Singh you coined the term 'Rashmun Method' and kept on using it again and again in a bid to discredit me. That actually showed your class. The class of a man whose own uncle is a fraudulent priest.

http://forums.sulekha.com/forums/coffeehouse/attention-seva-1122843.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:27 pm

Rashmun wrote:
charvaka wrote:

--> the caste card was played with LF in a few heated debates we had when derogatory epithets were hurled at me. It began when in the midst of a heated debate he asked me 'What is your caste?' and i replied 'I am a brahmin; are you a sudra'. The response was to what i thought was a casteist question. i had never been asked my caste in a heated debate. the fact that i am not a casteist is very evident when one considers that i have consistently advocated the destruction of the caste system.

--> furthermore, four years ago you were a fan of my posts. you would post congratulatory messages in which you would agree with my philosophy posts in particular but also several other posts of mine. But when we had a petty disagreement in our view on Digvijay Singh you coined the term 'Rashmun Method' and kept on using it again and again in a bid to discredit me. That actually showed your class. The class of a man whose own uncle is a fraudulent priest.

http://forums.sulekha.com/forums/coffeehouse/attention-seva-1122843.htm

--> My usage of the term 'Chandala' for LF also needs some explanation. He had asked me my caste and i had identified my caste to him. Of course, i had added the words 'are you a sudra?' but that was a sarcastic response to what i thought was a casteist question. During our aggressive and abusive discussion (with both him and me showering abusive epithets at each other) i kept asking him for his caste. Actually the point on which this discussion started was the origin of the caste system and the meaning of the sanskrit word varna which is why there was so much emphasis on caste. Despite my repeated requests asking him for his caste, and even though he had asked me the same question and i had answered him, LF resolutely refused to identify his caste. Since this was a heated and abusive debate (in which both he and i were hurling abuses at each other), i proceeded to call him 'Chandala' henceforth. Later when i cooled down i regretted this episode and tried to make up with him (i recall one post in particular 'In praise of Little Fella') but he never forgave me.

--> Seva has on several occasions called me 'scumbag' during the heated debates i have had with him. Uppili has called me mullah, maulana, jehadi, terrorist, etc. These things happen in heated debates.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:33 pm

Another thought comes to mind:
Propagandhi's abusive clashes with Luke Warmus. Both have hurled the choicest abuses at each other. Propagandhi and you are on cordial terms but you have never felt the need to reprimand him for using abusive language. Is that because of what Luke Warmus says is 'tribal loyalty'?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:33 pm

After his attempt to throw mud and filth at me by digging up posts i had made several years ago in the midst of heated debates (quite a common phenomenon in CH as any old timer knows) resulted in me not backing off as he had expected but hitting back, Dirt Digger has decided to run away from this thread. He has now started a fresh thread.

Or perhaps he is busy digging up more dirt about me from posts made several years ago.

Of course, the Propagandhi vs Luke Warmus debates--probably the most abusive debates in CH history-- will be judiciously avoided by the Digger.

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:51 pm

Rashmun wrote: Rashmun says: I gave up on abusing ppl based on caste. all my prior abusive posts were thoo thoo... just a matter of youthful indiscretion. dont mind it at all since I'm now mature and buddha like in my patience and forebearance..

and follows up with:
you coined the term 'Rashmun Method' and kept on using it again and again in a bid to discredit me. That actually showed your class. The class of a man whose own uncle is a fraudulent priest.

Editor: very mature and above reproach.

Rashmun wrote:Another thought comes to mind:
Propagandhi's abusive clashes with Luke Warmus. Both have hurled the choicest abuses at each other. Propagandhi and you are on cordial terms but you have never felt the need to reprimand him for using abusive language. Is that because of what Luke Warmus says is 'tribal loyalty'?

Editor: It must be noted that the newly reformed again rashmun hasn't abandoned juvenile misdirection argumentation, sadly.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:54 pm

Rashmun wrote:After his attempt to throw mud and filth
I did nothing of the sort. Using only your own past posts*, I corrected a wrong claim you made in your thread opener, and you have admitted that your original claim was wrong. As you said later in this very thread, you did play the caste card on CH previously. End of topic. I have zero interest in your long-winded excuses; hence my lack of comment on them.

* If quoting your own words feels to you like throwing mud and filth at you, that is just a reflection on the contents of those old posts.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:38 pm

charvaka wrote:
Rashmun wrote:After his attempt to throw mud and filth
I did nothing of the sort. Using only your own past posts*, I corrected a wrong claim you made in your thread opener, and you have admitted that your original claim was wrong. As you said later in this very thread, you did play the caste card on CH previously. End of topic. I have zero interest in your long-winded excuses; hence my lack of comment on them.

* If quoting your own words feels to you like throwing mud and filth at you, that is just a reflection on the contents of those old posts.

when one is consumed with an all encompassing hatred, one is liable to see contradictions where none exist. My original claim was not wrong because i was referring to real life scenarios. I have never hurled a casteist abuse at anyone in real life. Even in the CH posts with LittleFella, my response 'i am a brahmin; are you a sudra?' was in response to the casteist question 'what is your caste?' in a heated debate. I was responding and reacting to casteism and continued to do so when he refused to divulge his caste after having asked me to disclose mine. All kinds of things are said in heated debates. I have had casteist and communal abuse hurled at me on several occasions on CH.

The filth and mud in which you are now enjoying wallowing in is with reference to abusive posts i have made in heated debates which took place several years ago. The filth and mud which Propagandhi and Truthbetold have indulged in on CH is of course a lovely perfume to you in keeping with your regionalistic bias befitting a regional chauvinist.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:45 pm

to ask about somebody's caste in any context is really crass.

this is one desirable outcome of years of the dravidian movement has done to tamilians -- we don't ask what caste someone belongs to (at least overtly).
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:24 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:to ask about somebody's caste in any context is really crass.

this is one desirable outcome of years of the dravidian movement has done to tamilians -- we don't ask what caste someone belongs to (at least overtly).

the covertly way, we been educated, is to talk about food up until the point the sub-casthu has been determined.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:39 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:to ask about somebody's caste in any context is really crass.

the covertly way, we been educated, is to talk about food up until the point the sub-casthu has been determined.

if that's a dig at me, i've been quite open about my antecedents but i've never asked anyone overtly or covertly about their caste. the making, sharing, and consuming of food happens to be one of my passions.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:42 pm

Rashmun wrote:I have played the caste card exactly once in my life. M. Iyengar's father told me 'don't you think there is a lot of cultural difference between north indians and south indians? how are you going to manage?'. I replied that yes that was true but he should not forget that we have one thing in common: we are both brahmins. And he laughed and said you are right.

You are playing it again, now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:43 pm

MAx, please check your email.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:48 pm

kinnera wrote:
Rashmun wrote:I have played the caste card exactly once in my life. M. Iyengar's father told me 'don't you think there is a lot of cultural difference between north indians and south indians? how are you going to manage?'. I replied that yes that was true but he should not forget that we have one thing in common: we are both brahmins. And he laughed and said you are right.

i am not. this was an autobiographical post. of course not the kind of autobiographical posts (involving webcamming, boinking, etc.) of which you seem to be an admirer judging by the attention you give to a certain person here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:52 pm

Rashmun wrote:
kinnera wrote:

i am not. this was an autobiographical post. of course not the kind of autobiographical posts (involving webcamming, boinking, etc.) of which you seem to be an admirer judging by the attention you give to a certain person here.

wohohoohho, that came unprovoked.

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:53 pm

Rashmun wrote:The filth and mud in which you are now enjoying wallowing in
Please stop disparaging your own posts. You are doing this in the heat of the moment. But when you calm down, you will get angry at yourself for calling your own words "filth and mud." Then you will feel like attacking yourself and your own family! Take a chill pill, and try to stop this new year's trend of starting threads where you promptly lodge your foot in your mouth within a post or two.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:03 pm

Rashmun wrote:
kinnera wrote:

The person you claim that i admire isn't a hypocrite, doesn't ride the high horse of moral superiority, doesn't have double standards and isn't judgmental.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:07 pm

charvaka wrote:
Please stop disparaging your own posts. You are doing this in the heat of the moment. But when you calm down, you will get angry at yourself for calling your own words "filth and mud." Then you will feel like attacking yourself and your own family! Take a chill pill, and try to stop this new year's trend of starting threads where you promptly lodge your foot in your mouth within a post or two.

Dirt Digger,
When you calm down you will realize that by going out of your way to undermine my credibility, you have inadvertently undermined your own. Heated discussions, involving exchange of abuses, took place all the time on CH. Truthbetold3 on several occasions hurled abuses at Merlot's mother. Propagandhi claimed that Luke is having an incestuous relationship with his daughter and even threatened to kill him. You had cordial relations with them but the filth and mud they were spewing never bothered your Telangan nose and you never reprimanded them for using extreme abusive language.

Now when i posted an autobiographical exchange, you start bringing up four year old discussions in a vain attempt to discredit me. Unfortunately for you, the abuses i have used in the past are similar to abuses used by Truthbetold and Propagandhi, and hence you have FAILED in your pathetic attempt to discredit me.

Looks like you need to spend a little more time getting trained by your uncle.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:23 pm

Now when i posted an autobiographical exchange, you start bringing up four year old discussions in a vain attempt to discredit me. Unfortunately for you, the abuses i have used in the past are similar to abuses used by Truthbetold and Propagandhi, and hence you have FAILED in your pathetic attempt to discredit me.

No one would've cared abt ur autobiographical exchange had you not made the following claim:

I have played the caste card exactly once in my life.

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:43 pm

kinnera wrote:Now when i posted an autobiographical exchange, you start bringing up four year old discussions in a vain attempt to discredit me. Unfortunately for you, the abuses i have used in the past are similar to abuses used by Truthbetold and Propagandhi, and hence you have FAILED in your pathetic attempt to discredit me.

No one would've cared abt ur autobiographical exchange had you not made the following claim:

Indeed!
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:54 pm

Rashmun,

Why do you get your underwear in knots over a discussion on a virtual forum? Why is it important for you to be appreciated by everyone?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:13 am

kinnera wrote:Now when i posted an autobiographical exchange, you start bringing up four year old discussions in a vain attempt to discredit me. Unfortunately for you, the abuses i have used in the past are similar to abuses used by Truthbetold and Propagandhi, and hence you have FAILED in your pathetic attempt to discredit me.

--> Kinny Aunty, i was referring to real life when i said that as should have been obvious to you and the rest of the assorted Gult and Telangan Brigade.

--> With respect to my discussion with LittleFella i was responding and reacting to a casteist question as i have clarified in detail earlier.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:34 am

Rashmun wrote:
charvaka wrote:

--> Keep Lying.

No he is NOT, and Rashmunullah you are the one - but that is par for you.

You dont miss any chance to bring your UP Brahminism into any topic or opportunity. The irony is that while you claim your Brahminism you also dont miss an opportunity to push for inter-religious, inter-caste marriage, and INSIST on EVEN GOVERNMENTAL interference to force inter-caste marriage.

Now you ensure you marry into same Caste-u thus preserving your holy hold on lying.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:47 pm

charvaka wrote:

lol@bolded text.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by chameli Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:24 pm

max states that tamilians dont use the caste card ..oh my goodness if ever there was a fallacy it is this... it is this... it is this

all those iyer iyengaran palaghati stuffs we have to hear ..no one blows his own trumpet like a tamil brahmin .

.including going to the office with full bhasma on forehead !!
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:48 pm

chameli -- you seem to be a complete ignoramus who does not know anything about the profound social changes that have swept TN over the last seven or so decades. please educate yourself if you want to participate in an intelligent discussion.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by chameli Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:19 pm

max,

why is it when someone has an oppposite view than yours.... u lash out totally rashly and irrelevantly ?

please grow up

remember your insulting words only reflect on you and your upbringing ..

had u explained those awesome changes sweeping throughout that awesome State ...I would perhaps have lent a ear and sympathized
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:03 pm

Carvaka's criticism was well placed, to the point, based on fact and limited in terms of words. Rashmun's response to such precise appropriate criticism was long, twisted, scattered, pointless and abusive.

In recent days, rashmun's denial of caste feeling and Merlot's criticism of Arab spring supporters rank among the silliest defence of one's point of view.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:07 pm

truthbetold wrote:Carvaka's criticism was well placed, to the point, based on fact and limited in terms of words. Rashmun's response to such precise appropriate criticism was long, twisted, scattered, pointless and abusive.

In recent days, rashmun's denial of caste feeling and Merlot's criticism of Arab spring supporters rank among the silliest defence of one's point of view.

Gulti does Ulti.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:09 pm

truthbetold wrote:Carvaka's criticism was well placed, to the point, based on fact and limited in terms of words. Rashmun's response to such precise appropriate criticism was long, twisted, scattered, pointless and abusive.

--> After his repeated abuse of Merlot's mother on CH was pointed out, Gulti does Ulti.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:13 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
charvaka wrote:

--> Keep Lying.

You dont miss any chance to bring your UP Brahminism into any topic or opportunity. The irony is that while you claim your Brahminism you also dont miss an opportunity to push for inter-religious, inter-caste marriage, and INSIST on EVEN GOVERNMENTAL interference to force inter-caste marriage.

Now you ensure you marry into same Caste-u thus preserving your holy hold on lying.

**Bimp**

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:15 pm

Rashmun wrote:
charvaka wrote:

--> Keep Lying.

**Bimp**

https://such.forumotion.com/t4139-overheard-on-chaikaapi-chat-merlot-and-uppili#33620

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:19 pm

rashmun,

I have neither apologized for my past posts nor have I attempted twisted, meaningless defence.

You need to learn to deal with reality and move on.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:24 pm

truthbetold wrote:rashmun,

I have neither apologized for my past posts nor have I attempted twisted, meaningless defence.

You need to learn to deal with reality and move on.

In fact the attack was twisted and meaningless, but because you are a Gulti the defense became twisted and meaningless. Tribal Loyalty can make one do strange things.

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:47 pm

Rashmun,

We will let other readers (if any are left for this thread) decide who is being tribal.

Just for the record, Carvaka does not need my help to defend himslef. His arguments are pretty solid(at least in this thread).

I do not mind acknowledging good points made by other people. I come to this forum expecting to read few intelligent comments from others. I am willing to defend my POV but I am open to other POVs.

If people come to a virtual forum to get appreciated, they will be surprised. No POV can win everyone's appreciation. Some fair criticism, some unfair criticism and some abuse will be thrown at the poster. Those who can differentiate between the different types of criticism, and react appropriately, will enjoy the forum. Those who get their underware in knots will end up fighting with every one.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:55 pm

truthbetold wrote:Rashmun,

We will let other readers (if any are left for this thread) decide who is being tribal.

Just for the record, Carvaka does not need my help to defend himslef. His arguments are pretty solid(at least in this thread).

I do not mind acknowledging good points made by other people. I come to this forum expecting to read few intelligent comments from others. I am willing to defend my POV but I am open to other POVs.

If people come to a virtual forum to get appreciated, they will be surprised. No POV can win everyone's appreciation. Some fair criticism, some unfair criticism and some abuse will be thrown at the poster. Those who can differentiate between the different types of criticism, and react appropriately, will enjoy the forum. Those who get their underware in knots will end up fighting with every one.

If you notice the only people who have found Charvaka's arguments compelling are Gultis and Uppili. The kind of relationship i have with Uppili is the kind of relationship Charvaka has with Seva. Just as everything Seva says is unacceptable to Charvaka, anything i say is unacceptable to Uppili. So Uppili's opinion does not count and we are left with the Gulti Brigade. Unless Charvaka begs some non Gulti to come to his defense this will remain the position.

The fact that i have consistently advocated for the destruction of the caste system; the fact that i went to the extent of quoting verses of Adi Sankaracharya on sudras not being entitled to philosophical wisdom and criticized Adi Sankara's views on this issue; the fact that i have consistently promoted inter caste marriages are conveniently ignored by the Gulti Brigade.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:06 pm

Debating with Charvaka also made me understand the Charvakian tactic if i may call it that.

If Charvaka disagrees with you strongly about something--even if it something as petty as the view on Diggy Raja who i consider a bit of a comedian and Charvaka considers a villian-- then he will do the following:

1. Go out of his way to discredit you
2. Refuse to accept even reasonable things you say
3. Get his attack dogs to bite you. These attack dogs comprise abusive posters who have no compulsions about parental or family abuse or even giving death threats. They are also Gultis and they are friends of his. Charvaka has never reprimanded them because he wants to retain their goodwill and friendship for the time when they are to be used against people he wants them to bite. For instance, Seva or Luke Warmus. With more and more Gultis joining the fray, other Gultis feel obliged to take the side of their fellow Gultis.

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:29 pm

Thanks for exposing the monster evil mind of Carvaka. We will all be careful about him.

Thanks for your 'high' opinion of gultis ability to think for themselves.

Having accomplished such monumental tasks, you should take some rest before restarting your education of masses. Spare yourself for few hours of this selfless work.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:39 pm

truthbetold wrote:Thanks for exposing the monster evil mind of Carvaka. We will all be careful about him.

Having accomplished such monumental tasks, you should take some rest before restarting your education of masses. Spare yourself for few hours of this selfless work.

Charvaka is not a 'monster evil mind'. He just has this bad habit of going out of his way to try and discredit people with who he has a strong difference of opinion--even if the issue involved is something as petty as one's attitude towards Diggy Raja (i.e. whether Diggy is a villain or a bit of a comedian).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:40 pm

truthbetold wrote:Thanks for exposing the monster evil mind of Carvaka. We will all be careful about him.

Also, with more and more inter regional marriages, all kinds of regional chauvinism and regionalism and regionalistic cliques will come to an end in the future.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next