Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Woman confronts Sean Spicer rudely at an Apple store...

Go down

Woman confronts Sean Spicer rudely at an Apple store... Empty Woman confronts Sean Spicer rudely at an Apple store...

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:45 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m-not-sorry-indian-american-162310398.html
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Woman confronts Sean Spicer rudely at an Apple store... Empty Re: Woman confronts Sean Spicer rudely at an Apple store...

Post by Guest Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:01 pm

interesting comments here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/5z65t2/im_not_sorry_indianamerican_woman_on_why_she/

one story:

Disclaimer: SJW rant inbound
It's dangerous to be an ethnic or religious minority in America, and it's about damn time white people realized it. I live in one of the most diverse, progressive cities in the country, and it's easy to live in a bubble. A few weeks ago my housemate - an Arab American law student - had hot coffee thrown on her in a Starbucks. This was fucking Dupont Circle - one of the most affluent areas of the city.
I'm not trying to be a whiny liberal SJW here, but white liberals need to recognize their privilege and use it to defend vulnerable populations. And I don't mean dramatic shit like going out and punching nazis. It means educating yourself, going to demonstrations, publicly calling out casual acts of racism, no matter how uncomfortable it makes you feel. If you claim to care about something, get in the trenches and start fighting for it.
EDIT: A lot of people are asking for more information about my friend. She was sitting by the entrance of the Starbucks and, yes, the guy just threw the coffee and sprinted out the door. He didn't say anything to her. No, she didn't file a police report. Her friends and I encouraged her to do so, but she was really shaken by the incident and wanted to put the whole thing behind her as quickly as possible.

Back to top Go down

Woman confronts Sean Spicer rudely at an Apple store... Empty Re: Woman confronts Sean Spicer rudely at an Apple store...

Post by Guest Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:07 pm

another:

Isn't this an obvious setup for him to now say "I meant that she was lucky to be able to live in a country that allows her, and all of us, to be here together, in the store, to express opinions, freedom of speech, blah blah". Then he'll spin that the media makes everything about race and that he maintained his cool.
Am I missing something here? She's playing into him no?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:07 pm

One time I was on vacation with my parents and we all decided to take a gondola up a mountain. My folks bought tickets but then stood there awkwardly instead of getting in line. I looked at them confused and my mom said "We're just gonna stand here a bit... We don't want to get blown up."
I'm thinking "oh great! We're standing here wasting time because my parents are racists. Maybe it's understandable though. Maybe these guys look exactly like Osama Bin Laden or something." I looked over at the line and it was Hindus. Like, cartoonishly hindu hindus. With the red dot and saris and stuff. I guess it wouldn't have been any better if they were talking about actual muslims, but it certainly feels like it would.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:37 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:https://www.yahoo.com/news/m-not-sorry-indian-american-162310398.html

To me by far the most interesting thing about this episode is the assumption Melissa makes about Shree Chauhan's immigration/citizenship status.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down