Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

it's like talking to a chimp!

4 posters

Go down

it's like talking to a chimp! Empty it's like talking to a chimp!

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:48 pm

you can find the other parts; this is part 1 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFjoEgYOgRo)
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

it's like talking to a chimp! Empty Re: it's like talking to a chimp!

Post by .|Sublime|. Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:47 pm

god created her with a loving touch and made her special by giving her special DNA that makes her a unique individual!
I was wondering what she meant when she kept refering to the relation between Darwinism and brutal communities. She sort of answers it in 5/7 but I would say it is demeaning to refer to her as a chimp...demeaning to the chimp that is. Chimps have been shown to exhibit remarkable intelligence.
On a positive note, I have to say she has chutzpah and never loses confidence even in the face overwhelming rationality. something to be admired.

max, thanks for posting this. i have watched till 5/7. will be watching the other 2 now. her confident non-arguments are intriguing and I watch to see how she responds to Dawkin's oh-so-patient reasoning. it does remind me of some arguments we have here on such.

.|Sublime|.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:42 pm

i have a neighbor just like her with the same plastic smile while talking about this very topic.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:54 pm

.|Sublime|. wrote:her confident non-arguments are intriguing and I watch to see how she responds to Dawkin's oh-so-patient reasoning. it does remind me of some arguments we have here on such.
Haha. I have to watch this series.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:07 pm

how can you watch these shows without RAGING? I can't get past 2 mins..
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by .|Sublime|. Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:16 pm

watched all 7.
i wonder why they never sat down.
I particularly liked it when dawkin's asked her if schools should teach creation theories such as genesis and hindu's cosmic ocean churn instead of scientific facts. he mentioned one other belief but it wasnt very clear what he said.
btw, does ocean churning refer to creation in hindu mythology? i thought it was about the tussle between good and evil?

in any case, it is ironic that this woman accuses evolutionists of forcing their beliefs on everyone. when, in fact, she is the one with no sense of differentiation between personal beliefs and facts.

we may be biased, so i wonder if a creationist would think she made eloquent arguments and that her smile was not plastic but she was the one being patient with Dawkins.

comments to the videos - maybe all is well with the world and maybe she is just an aberration.

.|Sublime|.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down