Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mind: A Yogic Perspective – Sadhguru at MIT

5 posters

Go down

Mind: A Yogic Perspective – Sadhguru at MIT Empty Mind: A Yogic Perspective – Sadhguru at MIT

Post by FluteHolder Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:01 am

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Mind: A Yogic Perspective – Sadhguru at MIT Empty Re: Mind: A Yogic Perspective – Sadhguru at MIT

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:29 am

Good that he went into Buddhi and Chitta and explained how we make our lives very limited because of a narrow (and illogical) identity.......

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Mind: A Yogic Perspective – Sadhguru at MIT Empty Re: Mind: A Yogic Perspective – Sadhguru at MIT

Post by garam_kuta Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:35 am

thanks FH...so much to ponder about, and look for all embracing generalizations

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:09 am

any question or talk on "mind" should be a piece of cake to any guru, baba, swami or anyone else making a living by teaching yoga to others for decades -- http://www.geocities.ws/lamberdar/yoga.html
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:47 am

GK/VP,
I think we lost so much knowledge of the past or way of living. As he explained if any 12 year old understands that he is not just a body and 'Aham Brahmasmi', then there is no other person or entity to have war or conflict.  Recently I came across some more advanced level masters and too much too know and too little time....

SL,
I am not sure SG is making any living out of these lectures.

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:00 pm

FluteHolder wrote:GK/VP,
I think we lost so much knowledge of the past or way of living. As he explained if any 12 year old understands that he is not just a body and 'Aham Brahmasmi', then there is no other person or entity to have war or conflict.  Recently I came across some more advanced level masters and too much too know and too little time....

SL,
I am not sure SG is making any living out of these lectures.
FH:
As you know, I had my reservations re. Sadguru. But, I now realize that he is genuine in his knowledge.
You are on the right path (you realized that you know "too little" - i.e., you are questioning how your intellect is being limited by the identity you chose). But don't think that you need to go through anxiety and stress to understand the wider you. It can be a simple and enjoyable experience to identify yourself with the vastness and act accordingly.......

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Shyam Sundar Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:43 pm

The planes on which Sadhguru was a passenger on his trip to America were designed and built by men and women who used their intellect for that purpose. 

It was the use of intellect which helped men and women to find cures for many diseases.

This talk by Sadhguru reminded me of what Dan Rather said in his book "The camera never blinks".

Dan Rather said of his visit to India "India is almost another planet. The only other time I ... Poverty and the arrogance of self-styled Indian intellectuals, those who, for example, love to harangue Americans about what is wrong with us when all about them are chaos and suffering."

Shyam Sundar

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:27 pm

The same intellect which is talked high, has caused the nuclear arms and bio weapons, and control other's country's farming thru GM seeds, which is the result of greed and indifference to fellow human beings and rule others either directly or thru economic superiority/military. So when a white man says something it is always looked upon and revered and what a brown man with a  funny clothing and beard, says looks untruth... 

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down