Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Conservative intellectual George Will shreds Mike Pence

Go down

Conservative intellectual George Will shreds Mike Pence Empty Conservative intellectual George Will shreds Mike Pence

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu May 10, 2018 12:19 pm

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/trump-is-no-longer-the-worst-person-in-government/2018/05/09/10e59eba-52f1-11e8-a551-5b648abe29ef_story.html?

Finally! Will the last conservative with a brain and a conscience please turn off the lights on this GOP. Thanks!
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Conservative intellectual George Will shreds Mike Pence Empty Re: Conservative intellectual George Will shreds Mike Pence

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu May 10, 2018 12:31 pm

I love Mr.Will's writing though I seldom agree with his political opinions (today I'm in complete agreement of course).
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Conservative intellectual George Will shreds Mike Pence Empty Re: Conservative intellectual George Will shreds Mike Pence

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu May 10, 2018 12:35 pm

Some excerpts for the Trumptards who won't click:

The oleaginous Mike Pence, with his talent for toadyism and appetite for obsequiousness, could, Trump knew, become America’s most repulsive public figure.

The vice president chimed in but saved his best riff for a December Cabinet meeting when, as The Post’s Aaron Blake calculated, Pence praised Trump once every 12 seconds for three minutes: “I’m deeply humbled. . . . ” Judging by the number of times Pence announces himself “humbled,” he might seem proud of his humility, but that is impossible because he is conspicuously devout and pride is a sin.

Henry Adams said that “practical politics consists in ignoring facts,” but what was the practicality in Pence’s disregard of the facts about Arpaio? His pandering had no purpose beyond serving Pence’s vocation, which is to ingratiate himself with his audience of the moment. The audience for his praise of Arpaio was given to chanting “Build that wall!” and applauded Arpaio, who wears Trump’s pardon like a boutonniere.

Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic. Pence is what he has chosen to be, which is horrifying.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down