Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If they have the 'satta'

3 posters

Go down

If they have the 'satta' Empty If they have the 'satta'

Post by Guest Wed May 23, 2018 12:50 pm

'If they have the 'satta' (essence/ability), they are going to do their higher education from there (top notch institutions), without paying a penny from their pockets and they themselves (the institutions) are going to call and offer them the admission.' The second part was a bit of an exaggeration, I thought. This is what my husband said when I was angry that he refused to spend thousands of dollars in sending our sons to Ivy league or private or out of state colleges for their undergrad education. It doesn't make sense to spend so much for just their undergrad studies by sending them out when they are getting full rides in the in-state universities.I begged, i balked, i yelled, i shouted, but he stood his ground and worse, the boys went along with him.

Fast forward a few years. Son applies to his residency all over, but in one of the three categories of applications, he forgets to attach his personal statement. Major blunder! He doesn't realize this until someone for the admissions dept from this famous ivy league affiliated hospital calls him and says, 'Hey, we like your application, but there's one glitch. It doesn't have a personal statement. If you can send us that, we'll invite you for an interview.' Whoa! Out of the thousands of applications that they get, this one incomplete application catches their attention and they make an effort to call him and fix it. It's seemed as if my husband's exaggerated prophesy came true. Anyway, son did what he was asked, attended the interview and got IN!

Note to other parents who were disappointed that their kids couldn't get into Harvard or other ivy league institutions: Take it easy! If your kid has the satta, they will finish their education from there....without paying a penny! Satta=not intelligence. It's the passion for the field that they chose and excelling in their field with single pointed focus, determination and hard work. That is what takes them to places. Good luck!!

Back to top Go down

If they have the 'satta' Empty Re: If they have the 'satta'

Post by Seva Lamberdar Wed May 23, 2018 1:39 pm

Congratulations on your son joining the residency program. 'looks like in just a few years he is going to be a fully qualified doctor. Good for him.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed May 23, 2018 4:03 pm

Was never crazy about elite institutions. All I hope is my kids will be honest & good human beings

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 23, 2018 5:56 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:Was never crazy about elite institutions. All I hope is my kids will be honest & good human beings
Correct kada! What's the point in coming out of the elite institutions when one has no integrity and character.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 23, 2018 5:56 pm

Seva Lamberdar wrote:Congratulations on your son joining the residency program. 'looks like in just a few years he is going to be a fully qualified doctor. Good for him.
Thanks Seva Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:51 am

Pentamma wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:Was never crazy about elite institutions. All I hope is my kids will be honest & good human beings
Correct kada! What's the point in coming out of the elite institutions when one has no integrity and character.

actually, these are centers that produce most professionals of high crimes including their decadent defense lawyers,
that're sadly, the role-models for the 'smart' youth of today Sad

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down