Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

crazy rich asians

3 posters

Go down

crazy rich asians Empty crazy rich asians

Post by Guest Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:19 am

from google... Rachel Chu is happy to accompany her longtime boyfriend, Nick, to his best friend's wedding in Singapore. She's also surprised to learn that Nick's family is extremely wealthy and he's considered one of the country's most eligible bachelors. Thrust into the spotlight, Rachel must now contend with jealous socialites, quirky relatives and something far, far worse -- Nick's disapproving mother.

felt filthy just watching it, lol... dunno, all the display of wealth was vulgar, which i guess was the intention, maybe to showcase the class of the main family. the main plot line was highly predictable, and being asians ourselves, nothing new. The endless parties got boring... overall, an average movie but was ok simply because of the main actors. And man, Singapore is beautiful. (the only Indians they showed were the two sikh guards).

Back to top Go down

crazy rich asians Empty Re: crazy rich asians

Post by TruthSeeker Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:44 am

Oh Fkk.

I saw the movie, after listening about it on NPR.

My honest thoughts?

1. It is worse than ANY TV serial made by Ekta Kapur on Indian TV channels, watched by bored house wives.

2. The name of the movie is a "propaganda" by Chinese to paint themselves as representatives of "Asians".

3. Its the most horrible terrible "Chick" movie, and ANY woman who even pretends to like this movie, can NEVER be in my life. I'f be SHOCKED if such a woman does. Not even on internet.

4. I'd prefer to watch, lets see whats another Saas-Bahu TV serial on Sony TV, than this movie. 

5. Puke.

6. Now coming to reality - This movie is named such. But neither shows nor has any inkling to reality of rich "Asians", which includes Indians. Its simply a movie of Chinese looking folks, who feel proud simply because they can speak proper English - something an Indian cannot even relate to. Indians like me teach Americans English at work. Why did they name the movie as "Asians", without representing 1.2 Billion Indians in Asia?

7. Fkked up Saas-Bahu drama, probably produced by some rich chick in China. No resemblance to truth, starting with the movie's name. 

A lie, made by a liar.

Uff.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthSeeker Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:49 am

For the record:

My 13 year old son fell asleep halfway in the movie. 

I carried him to another theater, as I could not stand this typical Indian TV serial drama sold as "Asians".

This movie is a shame to me, to be called an Asian.

Fkk.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:53 am

You saw this in a theater? Smile
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Appalamma Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:43 pm

Appalamma