Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wisdom in Hinduism - Ravana and our 10+ heads?

2 posters

Go down

Wisdom in Hinduism - Ravana and our 10+ heads? Empty Wisdom in Hinduism - Ravana and our 10+ heads?

Post by TruthSeeker Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:08 am

Interesting. Hinduism is the only "wise" religion I find, while staying open to all "paths" (aka religions to absolute Truth). I have always felt that the wisdom in Hinduism was killed over centuries following "rituals" rather than seeking the depth.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Wisdom in Hinduism - Ravana and our 10+ heads? Empty Re: Wisdom in Hinduism - Ravana and our 10+ heads?

Post by FluteHolder Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:06 pm

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Wisdom in Hinduism - Ravana and our 10+ heads? Empty Re: Wisdom in Hinduism - Ravana and our 10+ heads?

Post by FluteHolder Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:38 pm

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:38 pm

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthSeeker Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:42 pm

Hi FH,

I was watching "Toilet - Ek Prem Katha", the movie last night.

It had a dialogue by the hero who is trying to make a toilet in his 1700 year old village, born to a Hindu priest:

"Aap jaise logo ne Sanskriti ko Saskrit ke peechhe chhipa rakha hai!"

i.e. Quite a few folks have hidden our Hindu culture and wisdom behind Sanskrit recitals.

Google this: What percentage of Indians understood Sanskrit 200 years ago?  (Forget about now!).

Heres the basic point, when I say "Wisdom in Hinduism" was killed  because of its bent towards "rituals":

In practice, what do most Hindus do? They do yagnas, they do Swahah Swaha, listening to Sanskrit Shlokas during their wedding or Satyanarayan Pooja, not even understanding a single word or the meaning behind it.

If not this, they go to the temple, bend down to a "statue" that they never tried to understand as to why Goddess Sarswati has 5 hands, or why Kali's tongue is out, or why they carry different things in their hands?

They do not question as to how a woman can ever reproduce 100 kids (Kauravs), or a person can have 10 heads?

They are, by and large, LOST in the rituals.

And thus the *wisdom" was killed over time by rituals. One speaks mumbo-jumbo mantras in Sanskrit, folks listen to it, do their Swaha, and think that the ceremony is over?

BS I say.

Regards.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down