Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

happiness is love. full stop

Go down

happiness is love. full stop  Empty happiness is love. full stop

Post by Guest Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:51 pm

(forgetting but i remember this article before and *may* have posted it before too)... i guess i need to sort out my relationships by the age of 47, if i plan to live to be 80 and happily too... 

https://curiosity.com/topics/an-80-year-harvard-study-found-the-greatest-predictor-of-happiness-in-later-life-curiosity

In the words of the study's longtime director George Vaillant, all that data can be boiled down to five words: "Happiness is love. Full stop." It's true: the one variable that predicted happiness in late life better than anything else was the number of so-called "warm relationships" the man had. That's true throughout his life, by the way — men who had warm relationships with their mother in childhood were found to earn an average of $87,000 more per year than others, and those who were close to their fathers showed higher satisfaction in late life. But it was actually relationships from around age 47 that proved to be the best predictors of happiness in the 80s and 90s. 

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2009/06/what-makes-us-happy/307439/ 

Back to top Go down

happiness is love. full stop  Empty Re: happiness is love. full stop

Post by seven Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:55 pm

These goras are so cute. They science everything. High heels can hurt your feet. Smiling makes you happy. Research proves it lololollll

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:03 pm

seven wrote:These goras are so cute. They science everything. High heels can hurt your feet. Smiling makes you happy. Research proves it lololollll

it doesn't? I think it hurts EVERTHING... but that's just my broken beaten body I guess.

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:03 pm

rasāsvāda wrote:
seven wrote:These goras are so cute. They science everything. High heels can hurt your feet. Smiling makes you happy. Research proves it lololollll

it doesn't? I think it hurts EVERTHING... but that's just my broken beaten body I guess.
Sure they do. Like balding is upsetting.  I’m saying We don’t need research to back that claim.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:10 pm

seven wrote:
rasāsvāda wrote:

Sure they do. Like balding is upsetting.  I’m saying We don’t need research to back that claim.

Ya but that’s what I love about science, that they don’t accept the obvious and shut down the whole conversation. They try to get a proof of everything. Come up with theories. Experiments. Results. Reports. Analysis. Solutions. Then 20 years later they learn they were wrong. Rinse. Repeat. But overall there’s still progress. In heels for example. Ok heel is bad. But what about platform. What about wider heels. Is flat bad too. Maybe less than 2 inches of wide heel is optimum. And so on. Keeps everyone happy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down