Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'It Is My Prerogative As A Director To Decide How To Utilise An Actor,' Says Kangana Ranaut

2 posters

Go down

'It Is My Prerogative As A Director To Decide How To Utilise An Actor,' Says Kangana Ranaut Empty 'It Is My Prerogative As A Director To Decide How To Utilise An Actor,' Says Kangana Ranaut

Post by Seva Lamberdar Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:32 pm

MUMBAI: Actor-turned-filmmaker Kangana Ranaut has reacted to allegations levelled against her by her co-actress of Manikarnika - The Queen of Jhansi, Mishti Chakraborty, by saying that it's her prerogative as director to take the final call about every aspect of a film.
Mishti Chakraborty, who plays the role of Kashibai in 'Manikarnika...' recently criticised Kangana for chopping off her role from the film.

Kangana said, "People who are saying that their role has been chopped off from the film, their scene and dialogues have been edited from the film, I just want to tell them that whatever place I have earned today in the film industry, I earned it on my own. It wasn't inherited by my father. What will they get crying like this?"

Kangana also said that she has also gone through similar kind of circumstances during the initial phase of her acting career.

"I have also done roles which had five minutes of screen time in the film. There are lots of films in which my role has been chopped off and there are many instances where I have been thrown out of the film in the last minute. So, if it's my power then, I have deserved it, I have earned it."

Kangana said that it is her prerogative as a director to take the final call about every aspect of the film.

"It is my prerogative as a director to decide how to utilize a certain actor in whichever way I want to. When Krish left the film and handed over the reins of the film to me then, it my prerogative as a director to take the final call about every aspect of film," she said.

Kangana said people who are criticising her should take inspiration from her. "Whoever is struggling in their lives should take inspiration from me. What will they get by attacking me or getting jealous of me? They should work hard to reach their desired position then only, they can move forward in their career," she said.

https://www.ndtv.com/entertainment/it-is-my-prerogative-as-a-director-to-decide-how-to-utilize-an-actor-says-kangana-ranaut-1987099

>>> She is a talented lady and take charge type.

Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

'It Is My Prerogative As A Director To Decide How To Utilise An Actor,' Says Kangana Ranaut Empty Re: 'It Is My Prerogative As A Director To Decide How To Utilise An Actor,' Says Kangana Ranaut

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:15 pm

Looks like yet another North-South cultural issue. Krish is an established director who made successful period movies in Telugu.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

'It Is My Prerogative As A Director To Decide How To Utilise An Actor,' Says Kangana Ranaut Empty Re: 'It Is My Prerogative As A Director To Decide How To Utilise An Actor,' Says Kangana Ranaut

Post by Seva Lamberdar Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:57 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:Looks like yet another North-South cultural issue. Krish is an established director who made successful period movies in Telugu.
Rather than the North-South issue, this seems to be a power game with the new director-actor trying to establish herself. Like she says, she has paid lot of dues before reaching this stage in her career. Btw, IMO, India needs more women movie directors. Recently, I have seen some good Indian movies which were directed by women.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:16 pm

i liked her reasoning, and believe this version

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:39 am

sulu wrote:i liked her reasoning, and believe this version

Can you please summarize her reasoning?
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:53 pm

Seva Lamberdar wrote:

she talked about a lot of things regarding the physical challenges of the role, etc. but regarding this issue itself she said that it didn't happen overnight. Once Krish was done with the product, they felt it was not that they had envisioned. She felt it was lacking in showcasing the femininity of it, lacking female perspective/emotions, or the drama. The writer and/or the producers apparently also felt that (she named names, i don't know who they are). They all then talked to Krish to reshoot. Basically the action was done by some action director, they wanted to redo the drama. Krish said he's onto another movie now, and he gave a block in July, and then rest in April, but they wanted Republic Day release, so Krish was out. Then they talked to another director, who heard e'thing but backed out. Since she was so involved in the project, she stepped in, or was asked to. At the time they didn't want to embarrass Krish by saying it was not the expected end-product, so they gave general statements about date issues.  

I was also watching Sonu Sood's interview. He had liked Krish' product. When it came to reshooting, he first hesitated that he was signed into one product by one director, and now it's a different product. Even then he could not meet their date requirements coz he was in beard continuity for another movie. Hence he stepped out as well. 

This is a business after all, and even as lay audiences we know role cuts and edits and changes happen quite often and quite ruthlessly. Have seen interviews of many hurt actors in the past. No need to single out Kangana alone and criticize her for being egoistic, insecure, etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:19 am

sulu wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:

she talked about a lot of things regarding the physical challenges of the role, etc. but regarding this issue itself she said that it didn't happen overnight. Once Krish was done with the product, they felt it was not that they had envisioned. She felt it was lacking in showcasing the femininity of it, lacking female perspective/emotions, or the drama. The writer and/or the producers apparently also felt that (she named names, i don't know who they are). They all then talked to Krish to reshoot. Basically the action was done by some action director, they wanted to redo the drama. Krish said he's onto another movie now, and he gave a block in July, and then rest in April, but they wanted Republic Day release, so Krish was out. Then they talked to another director, who heard e'thing but backed out. Since she was so involved in the project, she stepped in, or was asked to. At the time they didn't want to embarrass Krish by saying it was not the expected end-product, so they gave general statements about date issues.  

I was also watching Sonu Sood's interview. He had liked Krish' product. When it came to reshooting, he first hesitated that he was signed into one product by one director, and now it's a different product. Even then he could not meet their date requirements coz he was in beard continuity for another movie. Hence he stepped out as well. 

This is a business after all, and even as lay audiences we know role cuts and edits and changes happen quite often and quite ruthlessly. Have seen interviews of many hurt actors in the past. No need to single out Kangana alone and criticize her for being egoistic, insecure, etc.
Thanks. Makes sense.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down