Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Untold love story of Lata Mangeshkar (and Raj Singh Dungarpur)'

2 posters

Go down

'Untold love story of Lata Mangeshkar (and Raj Singh Dungarpur)' Empty 'Untold love story of Lata Mangeshkar (and Raj Singh Dungarpur)'

Post by Seva Lamberdar Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:22 am

Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

'Untold love story of Lata Mangeshkar (and Raj Singh Dungarpur)' Empty Re: 'Untold love story of Lata Mangeshkar (and Raj Singh Dungarpur)'

Post by desi aunty Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:05 pm

loved the song collection they put in the story. i get chills many times i hear aayega aane waala. 

i have often thought about it, but i think i have never wanted a typically 'great' love story, as in, we wanted to be together, but the cruel world didn't let us be. screw cruel world, can never have that much control over me, hehe... 

like my first boyfriend's brother once laughed - wow, in your case both families have no real objections, just that you two can't keep from fighting each other. guess he was right. 

boring but i'd rather have a legit breakup than hear - 'i love you but my dad has made me promise'. A person giving this excuse is not worth loving in the first place. no? no need to stay single over this, i mean. And him too, what a sulk. If this is the reason why he never married. I mean, should have either defied the dad fully, or should have gone with the program. That rajput pride that says - 'i lost, but i will make sure you regret it too'. Never got it.

desi aunty

Back to top Go down

'Untold love story of Lata Mangeshkar (and Raj Singh Dungarpur)' Empty Re: 'Untold love story of Lata Mangeshkar (and Raj Singh Dungarpur)'

Post by Seva Lamberdar Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:33 pm

It looks like the guy probability had cold feet, not wanting to confront his family even though the family wouldn't have minded him marrying a super-talented non-royal (in this case, a very famous and top singer Lata Mangeshkar).

The question is, would she be as great and successful singer after marrying a man and having kids etc. as she turned out to be by staying single?

The answer probably is 'no', and that's where Mr. Singh's loss becomes the music world's gain.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by desi aunty Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:55 pm

oh no no ... He may have developed a cold feet alright, but Rajputs were hard core, even the poorest one of them would do a ghar-nikala if you married out of caste, forget Royal families.

desi aunty

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:41 pm

Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down