Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Diwali Greetings

2 posters

Go down

Diwali Greetings Empty Diwali Greetings

Post by Kris Sun Oct 23, 2022 4:30 am

Happy Diwali in case anyone’s around.

Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Diwali Greetings Empty Re: Diwali Greetings

Post by desi aunty Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:20 pm

Happy Diwali Kris... how's you... 

Watched a quirky movie lately, "It's a wonderful Afterlife"... idk i liked it.. 

What else is going on... i am on the wrongest side of 40s now EGADS... not a happy camper right now ugh... hoping 50+ will give me pain-free peace and all. Or atleast lesser #of migraine-attacks.  

Listening to SSR stuff today... here you go

desi aunty

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:30 pm

Hey Trace,
Good to see you. I watched that movie. It is by Gurinder Chadha,the one who made Bend it Like Beckham. Don’t stress out over age. Smile
Find interesting things to do. This guy SSR’s situation was a tragedy. His sister lives in Nor Cal. I always wondered why he didn’t end up here. Would have been happy in some academic environment. I think he was stifled by the bolly environment and got mixed up with the wrong people.
Anyway, take care. Hope we can revive this place. I always remember the Madhur aunty story and the gal who tried to run you off the road and the insurance guy (?) who flirted with you. You should write more. Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by desi aunty Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:24 am

I reread Madhur Aunty. Feels so simplistic now. I guess I’m too dark for this place now. I lost xh a couple of years ago suddenly. Took me forever to stop crying daily, all day long. Learnt that I was merely suppressing my real feelings coz of divorce, which all came out flooding once the guard broke. Now I probably get triggered once a month. And that was not enough, six months after him I lost another close friend. That still hurts. 

I’m a completely broken goods. Somewhat functional but broken. This heartbreak will only go with me, and many times I wish that happens sooner rather than later. Many other times I keep it strong and sane. Rest of the times I’m just a snappy menopausal Aunty hehe. I interact closely with a very few people. Other times I try to surround myself with chirpy happy people. But trying to put my thoughts out there drains a lot of my energy. So I barely speak about myself. I love you so I will keep saying hi to you here. I’m surprised I cried just once typing all this up, and did not delete it. That’s a progress? Who knows. 

desi aunty

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:38 pm

I am sorry to hear about your situation, Trace. Keep your spirits up. Try to stay focused. Feel free to post here. Hope the kids are doing well.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down