Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Life imitates Art- Dynamic Dancing in Real Weddings!

4 posters

Go down

Life imitates Art- Dynamic Dancing in Real Weddings! Empty Life imitates Art- Dynamic Dancing in Real Weddings!

Post by Maria S Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:20 am

Why not Smile ! Might as well dance one's way in.. happily getting into the great adventure- called Marriage!

And always..Western trends have to quickly spread to the East too!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Life imitates Art- Dynamic Dancing in Real Weddings! Empty Re: Life imitates Art- Dynamic Dancing in Real Weddings!

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:52 am

maria: is that a tamil christian wedding? just curious. the women in tamilian weddings (including brahmin weddings before you get all slighted) always have to double their mass by wearing an equivalent amount of jewelry don't they?

and the women in the second video are all above average looking and the men are all well above average in tubbiness.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Life imitates Art- Dynamic Dancing in Real Weddings! Empty Re: Life imitates Art- Dynamic Dancing in Real Weddings!

Post by Guest Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:23 am

is that blue and yellow, the famous half saris? I used to call them 'lehenga' when i was a clueless naarthie.

Besides, looks like a hindu wedding to me... there is a mandap shown in the end. tTese days, even in hindus the bride enters this way i.e. with flower girls, as in hindu weddings too, the bride usually joins in later. Seen this atleast in the US. dunno where this video is from.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:40 am

Maria S wrote:

Why not Smile ! Might as well dance one's way in.. happily getting into the great adventure- called Marriage!

And always..Western trends have to quickly spread to the East too!

>>>> Rather peculiar joy at giving up one's freedom..Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:41 am

Max:

It's as the video says:

Dilip Weds Mohana

12Feb2012
Sree MahaMariamman Temple, Singapore.

Via Facebook, I am really enjoying learning a lot about the Global Tamil Diaspora- interacting with folks!

Posting the Groom's ("Karuppu Perazaga"s)..entrance..he is def nor a Tubby or Teddy:)

*Yes the jewelry load in most Tamil Christian Weddings is not too much different from most weddings! But, as you can perhaps imagine..I do speak up..which often does not make people too happy..but, knowing me- they are not surprised at all..and are rather amused and very kind- take it in the spirit..it is said!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:44 am

Kris wrote:

uff, the cynics. hoping u r not allowed to speak to the dulha-dulhan before their weddings.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:45 am

LOL, I watched the tamil vid on fb yesterday. I was thinking...how she managed to dance with all those wrappings?!
It's good than the boring traditional wedding.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:53 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:
Kris wrote:

uff, the cynics. hoping u r not allowed to speak to the dulha-dulhan before their weddings.

>>>>> Hey, an idea for a song at these occasions: 'another one bites the dust' Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:57 am

Kris,

I guess there are a few men- like this too! Does it bring back..well, just teasing!

Sasthi,

I think..it's fun too!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:09 pm

lol, that's funny.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:24 pm

Maria S wrote:

Kris,

I guess there are a few men- like this too! Does it bring back..well, just teasing!

Sasthi,

I think..it's fun too!

>>> They are both crying- do you think it was the music?

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down