Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Life of a nun in Kerala

5 posters

Go down

Life of a nun in Kerala Empty Life of a nun in Kerala

Post by MulaiAzhagi Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:06 am

I was only twenty then.

The incident happened at the Chevayaoor convent. There was this practice of serving breakfast to the priests after the morning communion. Sometimes, it was sent to the church. The nuns needed to take turns to cook for them and serve them.

I used to get nervous whenever my turn came because I wasn’t good with cooking and would certainly be criticised for that. Nobody used to help me or advise me. Instead, they seemed to get some vicarious pleasure by pointing out the mistakes. I used to find it very painful.

Okay, let’s get into the incident. Once, I was assigned to cook and serve a priest who finished the communion (I don’t want to name him though). I went to the dining hall with egg curry and ‘appam’. He came in, washed his hands and bolted the door before taking his seat.

He asked me to serve; but sensing some mischief, I stayed away. When he persisted, I started shivering with fear. At that moment, I deeply hated the rule that one should obey whatever the priests orders.

The priest got up, came to me and grabbed my hands.

Don’t you know all this, Sister Mary?, he asked.

When I cried, he tried to pull me close to his chest. I relieved myself and ran, but he chased me around the table. I really got wild as I used to do when I was a child on such situations. I got hold of a wooden stool in front of me and hit him hard.

It fell on his head and he started bleeding profusely. I got both sad and scared although I did it in self-defence – he was a priest. I screamed in fear and rushed out of the room and told everyone what happened. But most of them appeared indifferent and started scolding me.

“What did you do, are you out to shame the congregation?”

When they went into the room , the priest was on his chair, speechless and drenched in blood. He was taken to the Kozhikode medical college hospital where it was reported that he fell in the bathroom.

I was the target of tremendous ire after that incident. When everybody walked away from me as if I was a proclaimed offender I prayed hard. But when I realised that it was the way things worked, I really got scared that I was trapped in serious danger. Since then, I was marked; a thorn in the flesh for the congregation.

Opposing wrongdoings was my character and that was the reason for all the conflicts that I faced in life as a nun. I wasn’t ready to blindly accept the priests and the church without looking at their deeds.

Sensing the situation I was in, Father Peter called for me one day. I told him every thing. I cried a lot in front of him. He consoled me and advised me to handle the Church and people with restraint.

http://www.firstpost.com/india/a-nuns-story-sex-affairs-and-priests-you-cant-refuse-267394.html#disqus_thread

MulaiAzhagi

Back to top Go down

Life of a nun in Kerala Empty Re: Life of a nun in Kerala

Post by Kris Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:41 pm

he tried to pull me close to his chest. I relieved myself

>>>What the hell?

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by MulaiAzhagi Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:46 pm

Kris wrote: he tried to pull me close to his chest. I relieved myself

>>>What the hell?

===> That is Indian English.
What she meant was that she fought hard and finally escaped from his clutches.

She did not defecate.

MulaiAzhagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:46 pm

>>>What the hell?

lol

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:52 pm

>>>What the hell?

yeah that struck me as odd and i initially thought what an ingenious method she devised to repel the priest's advances. when i reread it i realized it's just indian english.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:38 pm

Its a translation fwiw.

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:07 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

>>>What the hell?

yeah that struck me as odd and i initially thought what an ingenious method she devised to repel the priest's advances. when i reread it i realized it's just indian english.

>>>>As an aside, I have heard of german women who did this to fend off central asiatic troops unleashed by Stalin, when Germany was defeated.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:56 pm

Kris wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

>>>What the hell?

>>>>As an aside, I have heard of german women who did this to fend off central asiatic troops unleashed by Stalin, when Germany was defeated.

Also, claiming to have HIV, Hepatitis can help scare the guy. (of course, she could actually mean Hep A).

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down