Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are planes meant to drive?

4 posters

Go down

Are planes meant to drive? Empty Are planes meant to drive?

Post by MulaiAzhagi Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:40 pm

“We are going through turbulent times but there is an airport to reach. And a wonderful man is driving the plane,” Khurshid said.

http://www.firstpost.com/india/middle-class-created-manmohan-and-now-theyre-taking-him-apart-335397.html

MulaiAzhagi

Back to top Go down

Are planes meant to drive? Empty Re: Are planes meant to drive?

Post by b_A Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:54 am

Because your idol and hero will not correct you due to the reason that you were taught by your English teacher, Ms Selvi of Trichy , I am forced to do this.

101 times.

Are planes meant to be driven ?

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:01 am

ROFL!!

p.s. "driving" a plane is OK i'd suppose.

Back to top Go down

Post by MulaiAzhagi Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:25 am

b_A wrote:Because your idol and hero will not correct you due to the reason that you were taught by your English teacher, Ms Selvi of Trichy , I am forced to do this.

101 times.

===> LMAO

I stand corrected.

Or is it "I sit corrected"?

MulaiAzhagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:56 am

From the few flight lessons I took in the US..the Professional Pilot Instructors always said initially it is- "driving the aircraft engine"..Once the wings lift the plane and you are off the ground..they use the term "flying the aircraft". You learn to drive the plane on the ground:) I will "stand my ground" and not fly away or be driven away on what I know on this!

Seriously, I suppose people interchangeably use the terms when they are not appearing for an English exam!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by MulaiAzhagi Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:21 am

Maria S wrote:From the few flight lessons I took in the US..the Professional Pilot Instructors always said initially it is- "driving the aircraft engine"..Once the wings lift the plane and you are off the ground..they use the term "flying the aircraft". You learn to drive the plane on the ground:) I will "stand my ground" and not fly away or be driven away on what I know on this!

Seriously, I suppose people interchangeably use the terms when they are not appearing for an English exam!

===> You seem to be adventurous, doing everything from flying lessons to .. (fill in the blanks).

You are the embodiment of what poet Bharathiar called as Pudhumai Penn

MulaiAzhagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:37 am

Thank you Sara! I have to take more classes before I complete the requirements for a Pilot license.

Adventurous..just a little, I like to try new things, or doing old things in new and unconventional ways..when I can. All credit goes to my dear family and friends who understand and have been supportive, no matter what.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:11 am

wow. can you fly a plane now? what kind?

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:21 am

MulaiAzhagi wrote:“We are going through turbulent times but there is an airport to reach. And a wonderful man is driving the plane,” Khurshid said.

http://www.firstpost.com/india/middle-class-created-manmohan-and-now-theyre-taking-him-apart-335397.html

Agree.... Madam Mohan Singh was a great Plane DRIVER.

I said it...I said it......first.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:34 pm

wow. can you fly a plane now? what kind?

___

Nope, I can't, not yet..so, no wows yet, HK!

I was just a student Pilot, who completed 16 hours (need at least 40-50 hours)..with a flight instructor, was thinking about getting a non-commerical PPL (Private Pilot License). I know that flying airplanes is not my calling..or as much as I like to drive fast, I can never be Danica Patrick in this lifetime!

It's not a big deal for anyone to get a PPL in the 21st Century. Wows are for women like Ms. Milred Hemmons Carter (who I had the privilege of knowing, and passed away recently) who was Black- who was a true pioneer and got her pilot license in the 1940s.

As for Indian women..I know many adventurous- trailblazers too in real life and on line (including quite a few in Sulekha!) Some of you may know Persephone who used to post in the CH (may have had other screen names) She is a skydiver and a lot more! *Sadly her sister who was newly married, and quite young died in an accident recently.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:44 am

maria, can you "drive" "land" a plane without its nose wheels?

All-lady crew saves the day after mid-air revelation of loss at take-off

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:45 am

I can keep the nose up(!), well, always try to learn a thing or two..focus on smooth landings..and hopefully not crash drive into something!

Thanks for the link, cool news story!

As much as I share a special bond with airplanes since I was a kid..a zillion years later, have never seen an ALL-lady crew! But, not surprisedAre planes meant to drive? 459784477
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down