Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

India - Ivy league of Corruption

3 posters

Go down

India - Ivy league of Corruption Empty India - Ivy league of Corruption

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:17 am

..If the CBI - after NINE years of investigation - is unable to file a corruption case against the openly corrupt Maya, why put on a show about Jagan, JJ, MK, etc...etc... None will be charged in their lifetime - and everyone knows that. So make corruption LEGAL.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

India - Ivy league of Corruption Empty Re: India - Ivy league of Corruption

Post by MulaiAzhagi Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:08 am

This reminds me of the converation I had with my Chinese colleague twenty years ago.

He was from HongKong.

We were discussing why some countries remain poor and backward.

I told him that it was lack of education that was the main reason.

He disagreed, said that Phillipines was one of the most educated countries in the world.

He said the rulers steal the wealth of the country and put it in their pockets. That is the real cause.

MulaiAzhagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:27 am

There is no question that corruption is out of control on so many levels in India. But, in the US..as you know- it's alive and well in the name of "legal" campaign donations, special interest groups (who don't even have to disclose the names), lobbyists etc. And then there are the "Govt.contracts" for the war industry, prison industry..which are multibillion (or trillion $ industries)..with gross fraud- thrive on misery..

This does not mean that criminals should not be punished..but, when the "process" to convict someone is tainted and corrupt..that removes confidence in the investigators too.

I posted about this yesterday..I am a little surprised that in the 21st Century practices like administering truth serum (Sodium Thiopental) is still used in some places in India- and will be used in the high profile Jagan Reddy case..*Everyone knows that apart from the medical risks involved..the info from this form of torture (really- as it is seen in many "civilized" societies) is not reliable at all..because of coercion techniques of the interrogators.

Also, makes one wonder..about the real evidence in this case (esp. when manipulation of witnesses and tampering of evidence is rather common in India) seems like that they are seriously trying all kinds of ways..to somehow get this guy..

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/jul/05/india-truth-serum

Excerpts:

It is the sort of scene that belongs in a film noir, not a 21st-century democracy: an uncooperative suspect being injected with a dose of "truth serum" in an attempt to elicit a confession. But some detectives in India still swear by so-called narcoanalysis despite India's highest court ruling that it was not only unreliable but also "cruel, inhuman and degrading".

The technique is back in the news after officers from India's Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) asked a judge for permission to administer sodium pentothal to a high-profile Indian politician and his financial adviser embroiled in a corruption case. The drug is a barbiturate that acts on the central nervous system, dissolving anxiety, inducing drowsiness and even unconsciousness.

CBI investigators made the application in order to try to prove embezzlement allegations against Jagan Mohan Reddy, the charismatic son of YS Rajasekhara Reddy, the former chief minister of Andhra Pradesh in southern India, who died in a mysterious helicopter crash in 2009. They argue that the technique is warranted because neither Reddy nor his auditor are co-operating with the inquiry.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down