Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Maria]

Go down

[Maria] Empty [Maria]

Post by Guest Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:02 pm

Could you please give the link to Sulekha Rivr? Thanks.

Back to top Go down

[Maria] Empty Re: [Maria]

Post by Guest Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:06 pm

oh ya i saw that thread. even satya prabhakar came down to say hello on Maria's thread. and there is some medal system too.

the site was full ugh. sad.

edit: found it http://forums.sulekha.com/forums/coffeehouse/test-post-in-the-new-sulekha-rivr-ch-1136659.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:05 pm

Rashmun,

Here I am:)

So, what I have been saying in my little updates (Sulekha being upgraded) is out in the open now!

*Since you have already posted the link..will make some gen. comments.

- People have been asking me if I have some kind of special "management connections"..the answer is absolutely none! I am just a participant, never personally met anyone from the management or attended any of their "get-togethers". I do have Sulekha blogger friends - who do know the management team, keep me updated diligiently, invite me to their meets, and know several Facebook groups with ex and current Sulekha participants (I call them "Sulekha batches"). In fact, when I have sent the few notes over the years to them- they hardly respond..which was annoying (people who know me in real life and on line, know I am very particular about some things like quick response, being punctual, meeting deadlines etc). So, I don't bother communicating with them privately, although I know some folks do pay some attention to what I say publicly, and will do the same here.
I will admit- it has been like watching a patient who was on life support..intensive care..watching the recovery and feel good/satisfaction- knowing they made it Very Happy !

-The best part about Sulekha is meeting/knowing many truly lovely people (including some present company here). Sulekha will go on, no matter who comes, stays or goes, perhaps in new forms..primarily as a"business/marketing portal"..but, will always have friends and well-wishers..I see that even Mr. VP and others who are not happy about all that happened/happens there..still can't help but be curious, and in fairness say-they would let others decide what to do.

-To me, "Sulekha rivr" looks "impersonal", rather "chaotic" and not so user friendly now, hope it improves over time, as they say as they continue to make changes. I also see good reviews from some..who think it looks more sophisticated. Although it may be "a little too late"..late is better than never..so it was important that Mr. Satya post a welcome back CHers himself (and am sure, it was not just out of affection:)

-It may not be a big deal to some..but, I am thoughtful/selective and don't just join any group/site. Being in this forum has been a good experience..seems quite "settled" now- with it's own dynamics. Thanks Carvaka and others here who have been kind and "allowed me to post here for free"Smile I am "in" now..plan to post/interact here, when I can.

-Have no recommendations beyond that!

Life goes on:)

Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down