Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Maria

3 posters

Go down

For Maria Empty For Maria

Post by charvaka Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:57 pm

Now that we know you do browse this forum, I thought I'd post my response here (I don't have to jump through hoops to post a well-formatted post here, after all!)

Maria wrote:For me, the idea of creating a "foe/enemies" list is not very
attractive, at this stage in my life- not looking for friends or foes on
line. But, I understand what you are saying and the simple blocking
option vs. foes list is more effective, imo.
For example, in Facebook and other sites..we have our own pages..and we
can block and remove others.
Blocking on Facebook is the same as marking someone as a "foe" here. When you block a poster on Facebook, their Facebook account is not deleted; they continue to be on Facebook, and they can talk to others (even about you), and you just don't see them any more. Exact same deal here. If you don't like the term "foe" that this site uses to call that feature, please feel free to call it "block." It is the same thing.

Maria wrote:Two things..I have always taken my time and not rush
into joining any group or forum (on line or real life). Never felt
pressure or intimidation
I understand. And there is no pressure to move here. I keep bumping my post there for the benefit of infrequent visitors who may stop by once in a while; it is not intended to pressure regulars into moving. You do know where to find us if and when you feel like it.

Maria wrote:while you may not have any control...it does not help
when those who are in the new forum come over and destroy this
forum/threads
I don't have any control over what members of this forum do. Besides, QB was one of the original thread-killers because of whose thread-killing many of us got sick of and left. I don't know if any of the members here are killing threads there; if they are, I would prefer that they stop doing so.

Maria wrote:I see that you and others are very good at mimicry and channel/imitate me well..will take that as flattery!
Haha. I am glad you saw those posts here -- they were poking fun, but not intended to offend. I don't mean to speak for other posters here, but many people do miss you here.

Maria wrote:It's good to see your post formatted perfectly, while mine/most of ours here..is messed up!
It takes a lot of effort to make sure your post is correctly formatted on old CH. I put in that effort because I post there rarely.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

For Maria Empty Re: For Maria

Post by Guest Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:52 pm

hahaha, this prompted me to look up the other forum... they are actually signing off their names in the subject lines ... now all the thread killer needs to do is to sign e'post with whose ever name he/she feels like using.

I think Ms. M checks out this forum 95% of her waking hours. It's not a big deal to include this in her multi-threaded lifestyle. She can deny all she wants, but I won't believe it.

Back to top Go down

Post by ashaNirasha Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:52 pm

Maria wrote:It's good to see your post formatted perfectly, while mine/most of ours here..is messed up!

Do I see an insinuation that carvaka messed up the formatting in old CH?

I don't know why she is making a big deal about personal abuse and protection, people respecting and holding her in regard, as though sulekha CH offered her all those. It's the same set of posters posting here, why would she expect a change in dynamics?

Let me attempt to do a Maria here: You are extremely patient and restrained. Any other poster would have snapped and lost it. Have a good afternoon. Was just peeking in. Smile

ashaNirasha

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:00 pm

ashaNirasha wrote:Do I see an insinuation that carvaka messed up the formatting in old CH?
At this point, I don't see any value in picking up the gauntlet with those on old CH. I am sure Maria knows that Sulekha messed up the formatting on their own forum.

ashaNirasha wrote:Let me attempt to do a Maria here: You are extremely patient and restrained.
Now, if only I can get my wife to share that view!
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:38 pm

What does all this mean? She's going to join this forum after all?

Drama, drama, drama!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:43 pm

Rule #22 from "Rules for Aging" by Roger Rosenblatt

Run when you hear any of the following in a sentence

"... unity and harmony."
"... love, unity, and harmony."
"... humanity."
"... the human condition."
"... the human spirit."

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekz Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:19 pm

Hello Maria,
Now it's time u join in here....
who ever killed sulekha did it cos they wanted rest of u to come over
you are not joining any new forum....it's the same crowd...may be few new handle names....yes a brand new format with new features...it's like shifting to a new house in the same city/location Smile pls start posting here...
Rekz
Rekz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down