Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kuchipudi Legend Vempati Chinasathyam is no more!

3 posters

Go down

Kuchipudi Legend Vempati Chinasathyam is no more! Empty Kuchipudi Legend Vempati Chinasathyam is no more!

Post by Obnoxious Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:22 pm

It is a big loss for all dance fans. May he rest in peace!

Obnoxious

Back to top Go down

Kuchipudi Legend Vempati Chinasathyam is no more! Empty Re: Kuchipudi Legend Vempati Chinasathyam is no more!

Post by truthbetold Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:42 pm

Colossal of andhra art scene. He was the backbone behind kuchipudi propagation. His life is what i would call purposeful and well lived.
People like me who are ignorant of indian dance learned through his and his students performances. He also contributed through movie industry working with kamalakar kameshwar rao. Nartana sala was his contribution. I think daksha yagnam was also due to him.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Kuchipudi Legend Vempati Chinasathyam is no more! Empty Re: Kuchipudi Legend Vempati Chinasathyam is no more!

Post by indophile Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:16 am

It's a great loss to the dance world. I echo the comment that he lived a complete life filled with purpose. Last saw him in Washington about 5 years ago. He was already in a wheelchair by then. I wonder if there's anyone out there who could replace him.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down