Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Acid Attacks on Women

2 posters

Go down

Acid Attacks on Women Empty Acid Attacks on Women

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:13 pm

...acid attackers should be punished in Shariat Style....

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Acid Attacks on Women Empty Re: Acid Attacks on Women

Post by indophile Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:32 pm

That might work.

When YSR was CM of AP, two girl students of a Warangal engineering college were attacked by a guy (a spurned lover) and his two buddies who threw acid on them. One girl escaped with minor injuries but the other girl died in the hospital after 3 days. YSR visited her in the hospital when she was still alive and promised he would anything for her. She wanted her attacker dead. Sure enough, that's what happened to all three of them (not just the spurned lover). Then for as long as YSR was CM, there were no more acid attacks. Some shouted a little about the "rule of law," "due process," and other nice things, but he was politically strong enough to deliver on his promise.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:33 pm

indophile wrote:That might work.

When YSR was CM of AP, two girl students of a Warangal engineering college were attacked by a guy (a spurned lover) and his two buddies who threw acid on them. One girl escaped with minor injuries but the other girl died in the hospital after 3 days. YSR visited her in the hospital when she was still alive and promised he would anything for her. She wanted her attacker dead. Sure enough, that's what happened to all three of them (not just the spurned lover). Then for as long as YSR was CM, there were no more acid attacks. Some shouted a little about the "rule of law," "due process," and other nice things, but he was politically strong enough to deliver on his promise.

how did he make it happen? legally or illegally?

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:37 pm

If it were to happen "legally," i.e., arrest the guy, prosecute him, sentence him, punish him, he would have turned out like another Kesab. In the particular case I mentioned it happened very soon after the girl died, i.e., two or three days. Of course, they said, the attacker and his friends were killed while trying to escape police custody.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:44 pm

Here is a link for the story. It gripped the whole state back then.

http://searchandhra.com/featured-news/featured-1/acid-attack-victim-swapnika-dies-in-hyderabad

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:52 pm

indophile wrote:If it were to happen "legally," i.e., arrest the guy, prosecute him, sentence him, punish him, he would have turned out like another Kesab. In the particular case I mentioned it happened very soon after the girl died, i.e., two or three days. Of course, they said, the attacker and his friends were killed while trying to escape police custody.

Of course, there is always a car being hit by a lOrry. An accidental death is both legal, safe, reliable, and fast.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down