Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monday TV Trivia

2 posters

Go down

Monday TV Trivia Empty Monday TV Trivia

Post by indophile Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:23 pm

1. What is Lindsay Wagner’s name in the Bionic Woman TV show?

2. What happened to “Six Million Dollar Man” when the show got dubbed into German?

3. Whose line is – “And the magic word is..”

4. Other than hair color, what is common between Lindsay Wagner and Goldie Hawn?

5. Who played the hulk in Incredible Hulk?

6. Who was the comedian on Hogan’s Heroes (who also appears in some episodes of the Andy Griffith Show)?

7. An Indian actress/model once played a role in several episodes of Start Trek. Who was she?

8. Who played the teenage daughter in Father Knows Best?

9. What popular sitcom had a gay man (allegedly) as the main male character?

10. What is Fred Flintstone’s daughter’s name? And his son-in-law's name?

indophile

Back to top Go down

Monday TV Trivia Empty Re: Monday TV Trivia

Post by Guest Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:45 pm

indophile wrote:7. An Indian actress/model once played a role in several episodes of Start Trek. Who was she?
persis khambata. she died of cancer (i think) at a young age.

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:50 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
indophile wrote:7. An Indian actress/model once played a role in several episodes of Start Trek. Who was she?
persis khambata. she died of cancer (i think) at a young age.

Yes. She was also crowned Miss India at some point.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:53 pm

yes, she was miss india once. that reminds me of another brave, beautiful, indian woman, neeraj bhanot: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neerja_Bhanot

Last edited by Huzefa Kapasi on Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:58 pm

1. It was Jaime.

2. Don't know..

3. Groucho Marx in his TV show?

4. Had to think about this..don't know..

5. Lou Ferrigno!

6. Did not watch this show.

7. Miss India- Persis Khambatta?

8. Did not watch this show.

9. Will and Grace?

10. Oh, I certainly watched..many episodes of the Flintstones!
It's Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm!

Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:17 pm

Maria S wrote:1. It was Jaime. ----- Yes, Jamie Somers?

2. Don't know.. ------- hint: German's made him more valuable.Smile

3. Groucho Marx in his TV show? ----------------- Yes

4. Had to think about this..don't know.. ----- True, you need to think about this one.

5. Lou Ferrigno! ----------- Yes

6. Did not watch this show. ------- hint: Reportedly Rock Hudson was this comedian's companion.

7. Miss India- Persis Khambatta? ------ Yes

8. Did not watch this show. ------ hint: How come? Surprised This show depicted motherhood, hot dog, and apple pie Americana.

9. Will and Grace? ------ No, I did not say "gay." Only allegedly gay.Smile

10. Oh, I certainly watched..many episodes of the Flintstones!
It's Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm! ---- Yes

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:41 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:yes, she was miss india once. that reminds me of another brave, beautiful, indian woman, neeraj bhanot: [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neerja_Bhanot
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neerja_Bhanot[/quote[/url]]

Thanks for posting the link. Makes us all proud.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:58 pm

4. Had to think about this..don't know.. ----- True, you need to think about this one.

Still thinking!

6. Did not watch this show. ------- hint: Reportedly Rock Hudson was this comedian's companion.

Although the handsome Hudson had many companions (!)..comedian is a good hint! Can only think of Jim Nabors!

8. Did not watch this show. ------ hint: How come? This show depicted motherhood, hot dog, and apple pie Americana.

Thanks- that's a nice compliment-no matter what the perceptions about me are! Seriously, came to the US every year during the holidays in May and sometimes in Dec..watched a lot of TV programs..missed the reruns of this one.

9. Will and Grace? ------ No, I did not say "gay." Only allegedly gay.

You mean in real life? Allegedly there were/are many...since we are talking about TV programs from earlier times, I am going to assume..it's perhaps Robert Reed (Dad in Brady Brunch?)

Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:36 pm

Maria S wrote:4. Had to think about this..don't know.. ----- True, you need to think about this one.

Still thinking! ---- hint: reflect on my handle name.Smile

Although the handsome Hudson had many companions (!)..comedian is a good hint! Can only think of Jim Nabors! --- No. This comedian guy is worse than Nabors. You would kind of puke if you visualize him.Smile

8. Did not watch this show. ------ hint: How come? This show depicted motherhood, hot dog, and apple pie Americana.

Thanks- that's a nice compliment-no matter what the perceptions about me are! Seriously, came to the US every year during the holidays in May and sometimes in Dec..watched a lot of TV programs..missed the reruns of this one.

--- Oh I see. Probably you may have seen Marcus Welby MD. The doctor in that show is the father in Father Knows Best. I was asking about his daughter. Hint: that daughter spoke with an almost British accent whereas everyone else in that family spoke Midwestern (kind of like Chitty Chitty Bang Bang -- Only Dick Van Dyke spoke American in that movie; everyone else spoke with a British accent)Smile

9. Will and Grace? ------ No, I did not say "gay." Only allegedly gay.

You mean in real life? Allegedly there were/are many...since we are talking about TV programs from earlier times, I am going to assume..it's perhaps Robert Reed (Dad in Brady Brunch?)------

No not in real life. In the story of the show, he acts as a gay man although he is a straight guy. His being mistaken for gay is written into the story.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:47 pm

today is tuesday Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:58 pm

Yes indeed; good catch!

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:11 pm

You are too kind Mr. Indo..I feel like- you are the teacher and I am the student and you are giving me chance after chance to upgrade my D to a B Smile !

Still thinking! ---- hint: reflect on my handle name.

It's a big hint..I know Goldie has been to India and likes to visit..perhaps Lindsay does too?

6. This comedian guy is worse than Nabors. You would kind of puke if you visualize him.

The only other funny guy I can think of is Don Knotts!

8. --- Oh I see. Probably you may have seen Marcus Welby MD. The doctor in that show is the father in Father Knows Best. I was asking about his daughter. Hint: that daughter spoke with an almost British accent whereas everyone else in that family spoke Midwestern (kind of like Chitty Chitty Bang Bang -- Only Dick Van Dyke spoke American in that movie; everyone else spoke with a British accent)

I give up on this one!

9. No not in real life. In the story of the show, he acts as a gay man although he is a straight guy. His being mistaken for gay is written into the story.

I am not sure..will give it another try..is it the character "Klinger" in MASH?

*If I am wrong..I'll just settle for a C teacher..you have helped me enough:)

And today feels like a Monday to me too!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:25 pm

Maria S wrote:You are too kind Mr. Indo..I feel like- you are the teacher and I am the student and you are giving me chance after chance to upgrade my D to a B Smile !

Still thinking! ---- hint: reflect on my handle name.

It's a big hint..I know Goldie has been to India and likes to visit..perhaps Lindsay does too? ------ Yeah, they both love India.

6. This comedian guy is worse than Nabors. You would kind of puke if you visualize him.

The only other funny guy I can think of is Don Knotts! ------ No, Knotts is not pukey, it's Gomer Pyle.

8. --- Oh I see. Probably you may have seen Marcus Welby MD. The doctor in that show is the father in Father Knows Best. I was asking about his daughter. Hint: that daughter spoke with an almost British accent whereas everyone else in that family spoke Midwestern (kind of like Chitty Chitty Bang Bang -- Only Dick Van Dyke spoke American in that movie; everyone else spoke with a British accent)

I give up on this one! ------ Eleanor Donahue.

9. No not in real life. In the story of the show, he acts as a gay man although he is a straight guy. His being mistaken for gay is written into the story.

I am not sure..will give it another try..is it the character "Klinger" in MASH?

*If I am wrong..I'll just settle for a C teacher..you have helped me enough:)

I was thinking John Ritter in "Three's Company," the guy who shares an apartment with two gorgeous girls. They tell the landlord that John's gay, and landlord feels no harm's done.

And today feels like a Monday to me too!

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:52 pm

Ah..appreciate the answers, and you brought back memories..

I used to really enjoy watching Three's Company..esp. the multitalented and amazing late Mr. John Ritter and his many ladies..esp. Janet and Chrissy! To me- his mannerisms have some similarities with Kamalhasan!

Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down