Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We have fewer horses and bayonets than in 1917

5 posters

Go down

We have fewer horses and bayonets than in 1917 Empty We have fewer horses and bayonets than in 1917

Post by Idéfix Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:47 pm

Excellent response from the president to Romney's comments on the number of ships the US Navy has.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

We have fewer horses and bayonets than in 1917 Empty Re: We have fewer horses and bayonets than in 1917

Post by Guest Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:48 pm

yeah

Back to top Go down

We have fewer horses and bayonets than in 1917 Empty Re: We have fewer horses and bayonets than in 1917

Post by Idéfix Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:13 pm

Looks like Obama had a bigger win in this debate than he did last week. CBS's instant poll puts it at 53% vs. 23%, with 24% thinking it was a tie. The same poll had 37% say Obama won the second debate, against 30% saying Romney won.

By comparison, the first debate was polled a Romney win by 24 points in the CBS poll of uncommitted voters; this one was polled as a 30 point win for Obama. I doubt this will affect undecided voters that much -- if someone is undecided so late in the game, I really doubt foreign policy is their thing. But it should impact the media narrative that clearly helped Romney make up ground following the first debate.

This debate was a role reversal for the two candidates from the first debate, in terms of the strategy going in. Back then Obama went in wanting to look presidential and not attack the other guy; in this debate Romney wanted to go in and look presidential and ended up agreeing with Obama on many aspects of substance.

Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:29 pm

Interesting line from Obama today: if we had told Pakistan before going in for Osama bin Laden, we wouldn't have gotten him. This is the clearest acknowledgement yet from the highest level of US government that the Pakistani authorities were inclined to protect rather than pursue bin Laden.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:33 pm

Very Happy

Do you love teachers? I love teachers..

Binders full of teachers..am happy! So many texts, so many tweets..

FLOTUS to POTUS: It was a good night.

Good night!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:50 pm

panini press wrote:Excellent response from the president to Romney's comments on the number of ships the US Navy has.

Okiee....The next 2 weeks is the final lap.

I am expecting Romney to flip flop and in the process put his 2 feet in his mouth.

What bugs me is that how come the dems did not once call Romney's bluff by citing the prominence, prosperity, income tax base, and the educational base that MASS possesses. And, these were not developed by Romney in 4 years, rather 4 decades of dems developing the state. Romney should be congratulated for not ruining all that in 4 flat years.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:55 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
panini press wrote:Excellent response from the president to Romney's comments on the number of ships the US Navy has.

Okiee....The next 2 weeks is the final lap.

I am expecting Romney to flip flop and in the process put his 2 feet in his mouth.

What bugs me is that how come the dems did not once call Romney's bluff by citing the prominence, prosperity, income tax base, and the educational base that MASS possesses. And, these were not developed by Romney in 4 years, rather 4 decades of dems developing the state. Romney should be congratulated for not ruining all that in 4 flat years.
Obama did have a short push back on Romney's claim on the MA education record. I wish one of the debates had a discussion period on education.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:03 am

http://www.ndtv.com/article/world/barack-obama-mocks-mitt-romney-with-horses-and-bayonets-283182

good job obama! he does my alma mater proud.

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:30 am

Don't know why after 2 good recent debates, Obama still looks to be slipping in Florida and North Carolina. The CEO tag and I-can-fix-the-economy is working for Romney.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:46 am

Both those states are more Republican leaning than the country as a whole so in a close election Romney will win them. In fact Ohio is that way too and he would have captured it if not for his opposition to the auto bailout.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:47 am

Natalia Romanova wrote:yeah
insightful comment!

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down