Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

attn admin.

Go down

attn admin. Empty attn admin.

Post by Guest Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:27 pm

two of my posts in this thread: https://such.forumotion.com/t38-hahaha disappeared for unknown reasons. i had posted and seen them appear in the thread but upon revisiting the thread they were lost. in fact you can see me responding to a post of mine in that thread (and the post i am responding to in that thread is not there in the thread). no cause for alarm yet but be prepared to hear similar complaints (if, god forbid, they recur.)

Back to top Go down

attn admin. Empty Re: attn admin.

Post by Guest Sun May 01, 2011 1:56 pm

OK. i just realized why my posts disappeared. after you compose a post and click post and if somebody happens to post a rejoinder to the thread in the intervening period, the board asks if you still want to post it. i got confused by that message and simply clicked "refresh" and was disappointed to not see my post appear.

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Sun May 01, 2011 2:02 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:OK. i just realized why my posts disappeared. after you compose a post and click post and if somebody happens to post a rejoinder to the thread in the intervening period, the board asks if you still want to post it. i got confused by that message and simply clicked "refresh" and was disappointed to not see my post appear.
Good... that's a relief. I was worried this site may be losing posts!
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Sun May 01, 2011 2:47 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:OK. i just realized why my posts disappeared. after you compose a post and click post and if somebody happens to post a rejoinder to the thread in the intervening period, the board asks if you still want to post it. i got confused by that message and simply clicked "refresh" and was disappointed to not see my post appear.
BTW, if you don't want the forum to do that, you can disable it in Profile->Preferences by setting "Display a notification when new replies are written" to No.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down