Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hyderabad, India: How to drink like a Nizam

3 posters

Go down

Hyderabad, India: How to drink like a Nizam Empty Hyderabad, India: How to drink like a Nizam

Post by Guest Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:53 pm

The jasmine sour martini looks very interesting.

----

http://www.foodrepublic.com/2012/05/02/hyderabad-india-how-drink-nizam

Back to top Go down

Hyderabad, India: How to drink like a Nizam Empty Re: Hyderabad, India: How to drink like a Nizam

Post by Guest Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:56 pm

Jasmine Sour Martini

Hyderabad, India: How to drink like a Nizam Jasmine

Back to top Go down

Hyderabad, India: How to drink like a Nizam Empty Re: Hyderabad, India: How to drink like a Nizam

Post by Idéfix Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:01 pm

No cherry on top?
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:03 pm

panini press wrote:No cherry on top?

No. if you like you can put the cherry on top when you drink it yourself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:10 pm

Rashmun wrote:Jasmine Sour Martini

Hyderabad, India: How to drink like a Nizam Jasmine

Visit the Falaknuma Palace in Hyderabad, India and you'll discover a haven of mixology. Bartender Gautam Shah uses local ingredients from the estate grounds to mix fresh, seasonal drinks that you can enjoy in the lush Hookah Lounge. This sour martini highlights jasmine flowers and fresh-squeezed lemon juice for a refreshing take on an old classic. Palace or no palace, we recommend you sip this summertime drink outdoors.

Related article: Hyderabad, India: How To Drink Like A Nizam

Servings:1 cocktail
Ingredients
1 ounce simple syrup
small handful fresh jasmine flowers
1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 ounces vodka

Directions:
Steep the jasmine flowers in the syrup until very fragrant. Allow to cool.
In a shaker filled with ice, combine 1 part lemon juice, 2 parts jasmine syrup and 3 parts vodka. Shake well.
Strain into a chilled martini glass.
Garnish with a jasmine flower.
Level of Difficulty: Easy
Prep Time: 5 minutes

http://www.foodrepublic.com/2012/05/07/jasmine-sour-martini-recipe

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:19 pm

I reckon this thread will be crossposted with all the references to anything nizam from the four corners of the internets. fresh horse meat!!!

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:21 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:I reckon this thread will be crossposted with all the references to anything nizam from the four corners of the internets. fresh horse meat!!!

Propa, Cool it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:35 pm

I am cool from drinking the nizam koolaid and martini

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:46 pm

Rashmun wrote:The jasmine sour martini looks very interesting.

----

[url=http://www.foodrepublic.com/2012/05/02/hyderabad-india-how-drink-nizam
http://www.foodrepublic.com/2012/05/02/hyderabad-india-how-drink-nizam[/quote[/url]]

Chunmun, do you have any link on Nizam's debating styles?

While you are at it, please post Nizam's thoughts on

• Election campaigning as a Republican.
  • Election campaigning as a Democrat.

Nizam's views in this 2012 election are greatly appreciated.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:10 pm

If you've got a jasmine bush in your yard (and the jasmine is blooming throughout Los Angeles at the moment), or if perhaps your neighbor has one... Make this drink! This is one of the best, most elegant cocktails I've had in a long time. I discovered this jasmine sour martini at the Hookah Lounge at Taj Falaknuma Palace in Hyderabad, India. And I can't get enough. If you don't have a jasmine bush, well, bummer. But you can probably substitute the blossoms from an orange or lemon tree, or some other such sweet, fragrant flower.

Jasmine Sour Martini
1 oz Simple syrup
Handful Fresh jasmine flowers
1/2 oz Freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 oz Vodka

1. Steep the jasmine flowers in the simple syrup until very fragrant. Allow to cool.
2. In a shaker filled with ice, combine the lemon juice, jasmine syrup and vodka. Shake well. Strain into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with a jasmine flower.

Damn, this is a tasty drink. And it's not the only recipe I scored from the Hookah Lounge. I also got the recipe for an amazing Indian-style, orange-coriander mojito and a delicious pomegranate-mint margarita. For those recipes, check out my Hyderabadi cocktail story, How To Drink Like A Nizam, at Food Republic.

Hyderabad, India: How to drink like a Nizam FalaknumaJasmineMartini2.jpg.scaled1000

http://blog.bradajohnson.net/cocktail-recipe-taj-falaknuma-palaces-jasmine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down