Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the storm and the presidential election

+2
Maria S
MaxEntropy_Man
6 posters

Go down

the storm and the presidential election Empty the storm and the presidential election

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:24 am

the storm has brought great opportunity for both candidates and so far the president has handled it very well -- correctly saying that the election can take care of itself and taking charge in a forceful way. romney by contrast has looked foolish collecting some silly cans and looking for photo opps. his prior comments about FEMA and disaster relief have brought the candidates and their differences into sharp focus and not in a way beneficial to romney. that combined with the missteps on jeep should have normally sealed his fate, but this is a tough election season. we'll see.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

the storm and the presidential election Empty Re: the storm and the presidential election

Post by Maria S Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:33 am

Just in a - "hope and work" mode to get people to vote..

Not an extra word from me, for now:)
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

the storm and the presidential election Empty Re: the storm and the presidential election

Post by Idéfix Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:55 am

The polls are headed in the wrong direction for Romney. Ohio had Obama with a 1.9% lead on RCP polling average yesterday, today it is 2.4%. Viriginia was a tie yesterday, today it is at 0.3% for Obama, with the latest Quinnipiac poll showing him 2% ahead. Romney's Florida lead fell from 1.3% yesterday to 1.0% today. And Nate Silver has Obama's likelihood of winning at 77% -- highest it has been in a couple of weeks.

At this stage, very few people are undecided. They are undecided because they don't like the economy and don't want four more years of sluggish job growth, but they are also not sure they can quite trust Romney to fix it. Michael Brown reminding people of the GOP model for disaster management, along with Romney 3.0's severely conservative comments on FEMA, will also hold back some voters from getting over the trust barrier with Romney 4.0.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:42 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:the storm has brought great opportunity for both candidates and so far the president has handled it very well -- correctly saying that the election can take care of itself and taking charge in a forceful way. romney by contrast has looked foolish collecting some silly cans and looking for photo opps. his prior comments about FEMA and disaster relief have brought the candidates and their differences into sharp focus and not in a way beneficial to romney. that combined with the missteps on jeep should have normally sealed his fate, but this is a tough election season. we'll see.

One picture - Dukakis wearing a helmet and posing from an M1A1 - looked so idiotic it dragged him down from his 17 point lead over Bush, Sr.

A few pictures of Romney with street cans or helping a dog from drowning will sure bring back memories to people and drag him down more than the first debate did to Obama.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:20 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:the storm has brought great opportunity for both candidates and so far the president has handled it very well -- correctly saying that the election can take care of itself and taking charge in a forceful way. romney by contrast has looked foolish collecting some silly cans and looking for photo opps. his prior comments about FEMA and disaster relief have brought the candidates and their differences into sharp focus and not in a way beneficial to romney. that combined with the missteps on jeep should have normally sealed his fate, but this is a tough election season. we'll see.

Sandy has brought opportunity for Obama, more chances of looking good or bad than Romney. Obama knows this and is playing it well.

Romney can either make his chances worse or watch from sidelines. The most Romney can do is to raise donations for the effected by Sandy.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:32 am

southindian wrote:The most Romney can do is to raise donations for the effected by Sandy.
100 times:

those affected by Sandy

those affected by Sandy

those affected by Sandy

a request: consider changing your name to northindian.

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:38 pm

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:
southindian wrote:The most Romney can do is to raise donations for the effected by Sandy.
100 times:

those affected by Sandy

those affected by Sandy

those affected by Sandy

I'm sorry and deeply apologize. From now on, I'll try to be less northindian in my posts...

...and will show more traits of a southindian, i.e. being arrogant, sarcastic and cynical.

Will that be OK?
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:41 pm

100 times:

those affected by Sandy

those affected by Sandy

those affected by Sandy

I'm sorry and deeply apologize. From now on, I'll try to be less northindian in my posts...

...and will show more traits of a southindian, i.e. being arrogant, sarcastic and cynical.

Will that be OK?
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:42 pm

southindian wrote:
100 times:

those affected by Sandy

those affected by Sandy

those affected by Sandy

Will that be OK?
Also, please focus on minor and irrelevant errors in posts, like spelling, pronunciation and grammar, instead of the substance. That's a pretty important characteristic we all need to learn.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down