Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is the Missus called? Diggy Raja asks Narendra Modi

3 posters

Go down

What is the Missus called? Diggy Raja asks Narendra Modi Empty What is the Missus called? Diggy Raja asks Narendra Modi

Post by Guest Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:31 pm

http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/what-is-the-missus-called-digvijaya-singh-asks-narendra-modi-287328

Back to top Go down

What is the Missus called? Diggy Raja asks Narendra Modi Empty Re: What is the Missus called? Diggy Raja asks Narendra Modi

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:49 pm

Rashmun wrote:http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/what-is-the-missus-called-digvijaya-singh-asks-narendra-modi-287328

When you post Diggy Raja's question to Modi, you should also post Modi's question to Tharoor to follow Rashmun Rule of Fairness.

P.S. Is Diggy Raja trying to pull a fast one with the 50-crore GF of Tharoor? Is he some MaMa of the lady?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

What is the Missus called? Diggy Raja asks Narendra Modi Empty Re: What is the Missus called? Diggy Raja asks Narendra Modi

Post by Guest Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:04 pm

Hitting back at Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, Sunanda Pushkar said that Modi’s comment describing her as the “Rs 50-crore girlfriend” of Shashi Tharoor was “downright disgusting” and belittling of women.

Pushkar in an interview with CNN IBN‘s Sagarika Ghose said that she is extremely disappointed by Modi’s comment. “I felt hurt but my friends were way more offended by this statement. My son was offended to hear that a price tag was being put on me,” she said.

Sunanda Pushkar and Shashi Tharoor. Courtesy: Ibn live
Talking about Tharoor’s reaction to Modi’s comment, she said that this is the last thing that her husband had expected from the chief minister of Gujarat, especially at a time when he makes a comeback in politics. “We certainly didn’t expect it from him. This is below the belt attack. People should attack directly and not go through family. Don’t be so cheap, and stoop to such low level. It doesn’t befit decent human beings, which is why I naturally felt bad for him (Shashi). He too felt bad for me because I have been completely misunderstood from day one,” she said.

When asked if she would like to send any message to Modi, she said,” I would like to tell him that why don’t you take on people who you should be taking on to win an election. I would like to tell him to respect women. I had noticed previously that he likes to take potshots at women. Isn’t the BJP leader in Lok Sabha a woman? I would appeal to all the women in BJP to get together and ask Modi why is he attacking women? If he wants to address the issue of corruption, I’ll show him my accounts and he can tell me from where he is getting the imaginary Rs 50 crore figure”

Talking about the stereotypical approach of men towards women in India she said that it is not just in politics, be it in any field, “if a woman is independent and fairly decent looking she gets flagged.”

Pushkar claimed to be a “good wife” and a “modern bharatiya woman” who is supportive of her husband’s work and still has her own thoughts and is democratic. She also revealed that her friends from across all parties, have been extremely supportive to her, post Modi’s derogatory comment.

Modi, at an election rally in Himachal Pradesh two days ago had described Sunanda Pushkar as a “Rs 50 crore girlfriend” of Shashi Tharoor. Tharoor then retorted, “My wife is worth a lot more than your imaginary 50 crores. She is priceless. But you need to be able to love someone to understand that.”

On Wednesday morning, another BJP leader Naqvi took the fight forward. He said, “For an international love guru like him (Tharoor), a ministry of love affairs should be created..”

Tharoor, who had to quit the government in 2010 over the IPL Kochi cricket controversy involving his then friend Sunanda Pushkar, was appointed minister of state, Human Resource Development in Sunday’s reshuffle.

http://www.firstpost.com/politics/modis-comments-were-downright-disgusting-sunanda-pushkar-510288.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:10 pm

Congress leader Digvijaya Singh on Thursday waded into the row over Narendra Modi's "50 crore girlfriend" personal jibe at Union minister Shashi Tharoor, asking the Gujarat chief minister to disclose his marital status.

Slamming Modi, the AICC general secretary also questioned him on the whereabouts of his wife Yashoda Ben and defended Tharoor's counter-attack that the BJP leader doesn't know how to love a woman.
"Why is Modi silent about his wife's name? If you can visit YouTube and search Narendra Modi's wife, you will find the name Yashoda Ben as his wife," Singh said in a personal attack on Modi at an election rally and while talking to reporters.

Singh inquired as to why the column in documents of Modi which required to give marital status is always blank.

"Narendra Modi must clarify whether he married Yashoda Ben. And if so, did he divorce her? Why doesn't he stay with her. Why hasn't he declared his marital status," he said.

Singh claimed he never made personal attacks but was forced to do so after Modi's attack on Tharoor's wife Sunanda Pushkar.

"A woman can be respected by a man only if he knows how to love or if he is married and is able to sustain the marriage," he added.

Singh said Modi's remark was not just limited to Tharoor and his wife, but it was an attack on all women.

"The comment that he made against Shashi Tharoor was not against him, but against the entire woman community," he added.

Hitting back at Modi for his attack on his wife, Tharoor on Tuesday said she is "priceless" but the Gujarat chief minister needs to be able to love someone to understand that.

Tharoor also said his wife was worth a lot more than Modi's "imaginary Rs. 50 crore".

"My wife is worth a lot more than your imaginary 50 crore. She is priceless. But you need2be able2love some1 2understand that," the suave politician had tweeted.

At a poll rally in Shimla on Monday, Modi had taken potshots at Tharoor's personal life, saying his wife was once his "50-crore-rupee girlfriend", a day after the Congress leader made a comeback in the Union cabinet reshuffle as minister of state for Human Resources Development.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/India-news/Shimla/Digvijaya-targets-Modi-after-Tharoor-jibe/Article1-953387.aspx

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:36 am

Rashmun wrote:Congress leader Digvijaya Singh on Thursday waded into the row over Narendra Modi's "50 crore girlfriend" personal jibe at Union minister Shashi Tharoor, asking the Gujarat chief minister to disclose his marital status.

At a poll rally in Shimla on Monday, Modi had taken potshots at Tharoor's personal life, saying his wife was once his "50-crore-rupee girlfriend", a day after the Congress leader made a comeback in the Union cabinet reshuffle as minister of state for Human Resources Development.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/India-news/Shimla/Digvijaya-targets-Modi-after-Tharoor-jibe/Article1-953387.aspx

I agree... Modi was wrong and should apologize for calling her a Girlfriend. That is much too dignified a word.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:17 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Rashmun wrote:Congress leader Digvijaya Singh on Thursday waded into the row over Narendra Modi's "50 crore girlfriend" personal jibe at Union minister Shashi Tharoor, asking the Gujarat chief minister to disclose his marital status.

I agree... Modi was wrong and should apologize for calling her a Girlfriend. That is much too dignified a word.

Smile Stepney would've been appropriate.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:57 am

according to tharoor, many bjp leaders have reached out to him and have deplored the inexcusable conduct of narendra modi:

http://ibnlive.in.com/videos/303806/many-bjp-leaders-regretted-modis-comment-against-my-wife-says-shashi-tharoor.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:26 am

Rashmun wrote:http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/what-is-the-missus-called-digvijaya-singh-asks-narendra-modi-287328

http://in.news.yahoo.com/bjp-asks-digvijay-singh-focus-national-issues-not-102119270.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:49 pm

Rashmun wrote:Singh claimed he never made personal attacks but was forced to do so...
cheers
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:10 am

Hahahaha

now we all know where Rashmunullah gets his skills from and why he loves Doggy raja.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:16 pm

panini press wrote:
Rashmun wrote:Singh claimed he never made personal attacks but was forced to do so...
cheers

after Modi started making cheap comments on Tharoor's wife in public, Diggy Raja referred to the status of Modi's marriage. Diggy Raja's intention was clearly to tell Modi to behave in an honorable manner and not attack family members of his political rivals.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down