Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TN medical colleges seek Rs 25-45 lakh as capitation fee

5 posters

Go down

TN medical colleges seek Rs 25-45 lakh as capitation fee Empty TN medical colleges seek Rs 25-45 lakh as capitation fee

Post by sambarvada Tue May 31, 2011 10:06 pm

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/chennai/TN-medical-colleges-seek-Rs-25-45-lakh-as-capitation-fee/articleshow/8656418.cms

sambarvada

Back to top Go down

TN medical colleges seek Rs 25-45 lakh as capitation fee Empty Re: TN medical colleges seek Rs 25-45 lakh as capitation fee

Post by charvaka Tue May 31, 2011 10:13 pm

I wonder why the "upper caste" folks who get worked up about reservations don't talk about this sort of distortion of the much vaunted merit system! Not as many snide questions about "would you go to a capitation fee doctor" as there are snide questions about "would you go to a reservation doctor"...
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

TN medical colleges seek Rs 25-45 lakh as capitation fee Empty Re: TN medical colleges seek Rs 25-45 lakh as capitation fee

Post by sambarvada Tue May 31, 2011 10:35 pm

===> I am just curious about one thing.

How is the American government still letting in doctors from India?

After all the officials at the embassy in New delhi and the medical establishment must be aware of the awful standards of the medical colleges in India.

sambarvada

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:11 am

The great Indian Rote-reading helps these Capitated MBBS holders to pass their USMLE (many in 3 attempts) and get residencies in VA hosopitals and inner city hospitals. Of course, these "MD" docs will be competing with those from Mexico, Caribbean, Phillipines, and Brit/Canadian schools. These are the code-coolie equivalent in the US medical profession. They work and they get paid and left to show off among the Indians (too bad they are jealous that some code coolies also make as much).

Anyway, in the US, the top private medical schools charge 45K/year + another 25K for expenses (total of 65K/year). These are for the Baylors, Vanderbilts, Emorys, Harvards, Dukes and WashUs. But, each of these schools select 120 to 150 students out of 6000 applicants each receives. Compare this with the Indian schools that take in anyone who is able to give the capitating fees.

I check out the school these Indian docs went to by going to the respective licensing state board website (which disconcertingly print the original schools of these docs).

Didn't this Damned Sri Ramachandra Mission Univ gave 27 free points to pass its students ? No wonder Rajni transferred from this Ramachandra Mission hospital to a Singapore hospital.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:14 am

sambarvada wrote:===> I am just curious about one thing.

After all the officials at the embassy in New delhi and the medical establishment must be aware of the awful standards of the medical colleges in India.

they have to pass an exam to ensure they are good enough.
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:17 am

artood2 wrote:
sambarvada wrote:===> I am just curious about one thing.

they have to pass an exam to ensure they are good enough.

The key question is "Is that good enough to be YOUR DOCTOR"

One such frikin doctor screwed up someone's diagnosis very badly despite my repeated insistence (remember, a high school dropout), and after a week a CT scan proved that I was right. The only silver lining is that it prompted me to do something about it and this doc to this day grins at me embarrassingly.

So they may be good ENOUGH for you....not for me.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:32 pm

charvaka wrote:I wonder why the "upper caste" folks who get worked up about reservations don't talk about this sort of distortion of the much vaunted merit system! Not as many snide questions about "would you go to a capitation fee doctor" as there are snide questions about "would you go to a reservation doctor"...

i have heard ppl disparagingly make that remark before. So it is slowly creeping up in the vernacular.

doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:10 am

charvaka wrote:I wonder why the "upper caste" folks who get worked up about reservations don't talk about this sort of distortion of the much vaunted merit system! Not as many snide questions about "would you go to a capitation fee doctor" as there are snide questions about "would you go to a reservation doctor"...

The reservation quota docs/IITians are not bad at all. Their relative entrance scores may be a shade lesser than the UC candidates, but the parallel competition for the quota seats is still as well. A quota doctor will be good enough.

But, unfortunately, there is no way to differentiate between various categories. While the Govt and the utopians assume the people will accept all to be equal bcz of this lack of differentiation, in reality people resort to GUESSING based on names and accent, and avoid them altogether. It also permanently stigmatizes them (except the ones who have proved their expertise beyond any doubt).

Capitation graduates are overwhelmingly failures. But, these rich and well connected docs buy their MBBS, then MDs, start their own clinics and hospitals and become "MDs" (managing Director).

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down