Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bureaucracy on the cutting edge

2 posters

Go down

Bureaucracy on the cutting edge Empty Bureaucracy on the cutting edge

Post by confuzzled dude Tue May 31, 2011 11:10 pm

The flashy consumer products that have been adopted in the corporate workforce — upending BlackBerrys for iPhones, Microsoft Outlook for Gmail, and lately laptops for iPads — are now invading the federal government. The State Department. The Army. The Department of Veterans Affairs. NASA. The General Services Administration is in the process of moving 17,000 employees onto Gmail.

“People have better access to information technology at their homes than they do at work, and that’s especially true in the public sector,” said Vivek Kundra, the federal government’s chief information officer. “If you look at the average school kid, he or she probably has better technology in his or her backpack than most of us do in government offices.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/federal-government-loosens-its-grip-on-the-blackberry/2011/05/27/AG7wW1EH_story.html

-> I wanna know what Mr.Kundra is smoking, no wonder idiots go up the Govt. ladder fast.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Bureaucracy on the cutting edge Empty Re: Bureaucracy on the cutting edge

Post by doofus_maximus Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:26 pm

i don't follow ...
so moving Govt moving to better devices is a bad thing ...???
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:25 pm

doofus_maximus wrote:i don't follow ...
so moving Govt moving to better devices is a bad thing ...???

My comment was specifically about the second paragraph (average kid carrying better technology than a Govt. employee). I don't consider smart devices are any good(utility wise) for work related stuff, especially in government sector where security takes front seat (mind you Mr. Kundra is talking about letting them use it for personal use as well), they serve no real value other than generating humongous volume of unnecessary e-mails and to show-off, and Govt.'s penchant to dole out these devices (in addition to laptops) to every T, D & H whether or not needed, is not helping with already staggering IT budget.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down