Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mumbai: Tamil auto driver's daughter tops Chartered Accountancy exam

+5
Vakavaka Pakapaka
Idéfix
Seva Lamberdar
southindian
Rishi
9 posters

Go down

Mumbai: Tamil auto driver's daughter tops Chartered Accountancy exam Empty Mumbai: Tamil auto driver's daughter tops Chartered Accountancy exam

Post by Guest Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:53 am

http://www.ndtv.com/article/cities/auto-driver-s-daughter-is-national-topper-in-chartered-accountancy-exams-320731?pfrom=home-topstories

Back to top Go down

Mumbai: Tamil auto driver's daughter tops Chartered Accountancy exam Empty Re: Mumbai: Tamil auto driver's daughter tops Chartered Accountancy exam

Post by Rishi Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:41 pm

Her dad is a Tamil settled in Mumbai. He works as an auto driver there not in Madras.

If the man is an auto driver in Madras, he would not be passing on values like hard work and honesty etc to his children. Rather he would more likely to use thuggery, foul language and viloence to gouge money from his passengers.

BTW Charted Acoountancy is one of the few fields in India which you succeed solely based on hard work and merit. There is no need for caste based quota there nor you have to bribe someone or pay hefty donation to get into the insitution. Not only that it does not cost a lot of money in terms of tution fees.

Apparently this kid is bright, intelligent, focussed, disciplined and hard working. Btw the picture of this child hugging her dad almost brought tears in my eyes. She loves her dad regardless of his station in life. And he loves his child also.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Mumbai: Tamil auto driver's daughter tops Chartered Accountancy exam Empty Re: Mumbai: Tamil auto driver's daughter tops Chartered Accountancy exam

Post by Guest Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:13 pm

Very inspiring story.

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:23 pm

Rishi wrote:Her dad is a Tamil settled in Mumbai. He works as an auto driver there not in Madras.

If the man is an auto driver in Madras, he would not be passing on values like hard work and honesty etc to his children. Rather he would more likely to use thuggery, foul language and viloence to gouge money from his passengers.

BTW Charted Acoountancy is one of the few fields in India which you succeed solely based on hard work and merit. There is no need for caste based quota there nor you have to bribe someone or pay hefty donation to get into the insitution. Not only that it does not cost a lot of money in terms of tution fees.

Apparently this kid is bright, intelligent, focussed, disciplined and hard working. Btw the picture of this child hugging her dad almost brought tears in my eyes. She loves her dad regardless of his station in life. And he loves his child also.

Tamilians on SuCH may disown him since he's in Mumbai raising kids, but I disagree his attitude would have changed in Chennai. He would have raised his kids the same way as he's doing in Mumbai. I don't know if you are aware, but they teach you thuggery the same way in all places of northindia and southinda.

Nice to see in picture a fully-clothed, well dressed girl in India. Women in traditional Indian clothes seem to be disappearing fast from cities and towns in India.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:47 pm

Rishi wrote:Her dad is a Tamil settled in Mumbai. He works as an auto driver there not in Madras.

i was impressed by the look of pride in his face. must have been a great father--sacrificing his comfort and pleasure for that of his children.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:18 pm

Very impressive. Smart and responsible girl. The father probably is a Tambram. I am familiar with this area (Malad) in Bombay. Some of my relatives, also in the taxi profession, were living there. I noticed that the girls raised there were very responsible and well-behaved.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:20 pm

Seva Lamberdar wrote:Very impressive. Smart and responsible girl. The father probably is a Tambram. I am familiar with this area (Malad) in Bombay. Some of my relatives, also in the taxi profession, were living there. I noticed that the girls raised there were very responsible and well-behaved.
Yeah probably Tambram caste only. Damn government!
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:24 pm

panini press wrote:Yeah probably Tambram caste only. Damn government!

The family probably missed on the Govt. benefits in TN in education and jobs etc.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:26 pm

Seva Lamberdar wrote:Very impressive. Smart and responsible girl. The father probably is a Tambram. I am familiar with this area (Malad) in Bombay. Some of my relatives, also in the taxi profession, were living there. I noticed that the girls raised there were very responsible and well-behaved.

Jayakumar Perumal is certainly not a TamBrahm.

He is simply a hard working guy with good values. He brought up his kids responsibly. Caste has nothing to do with any of this.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:30 pm

Are you saying that auto drivers in Chennai are DK-members?

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:41 pm

Rishi wrote:

He is simply a hard working guy with good values. He brought up his kids responsibly. Caste has nothing to do with any of this.

nooo, we're just saying that for appearances sake. ok, we can be honest in the pvt.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:24 pm

Rishi wrote:

Looks like a Naidu - Naicker.... with Guilt ancestry from 400 years ago.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:50 pm

Rashmun wrote:http://www.ndtv.com/article/cities/auto-driver-s-daughter-is-national-topper-in-chartered-accountancy-exams-320731?pfrom=home-topstories

Attempt to ingratiate to tamils detected. Note that the news article headline has been altered to highlight the tamil part.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:49 am

Vidya Bagchi wrote:Very inspiring story.

>>>Indeed. I am sure she and her brother will do very well and make their parents proud.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down