Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

down...

+7
Kris
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
nevada
goodcitizn
Maria S
Idéfix
Impedimenta
11 posters

Go down

down... Empty down...

Post by Impedimenta Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:49 pm

...in the dumps. whatta way to start 2013. my FIL passed away unexpectedly and we are all in chennai. Now, i have seen all this early on in life with both my parents and sorta stood strong for him and all thro the flight but i don't know what happened the moment i saw the body. i broke down :-(

as a human being, i seriously do not know how to cope with death yet, even after having seen so much in my life myself. i guess i am not that strong after all, emotionally.

A revelation that has humbled me. my MIL is an amazing woman, so practical and with it. god bless her inner strength.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

down... Empty Re: down...

Post by Guest Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:51 pm

Very sorry to hear that impy. May his soul rest in peace. Hope the family finds the strength to cope with it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:52 pm

Ayyo! Don't know what to say. *hugs*

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:55 pm

So sorry to hear this! It is good that you are trying to stand strong for your husband at this really difficult time. I hope you get to spend the time with family and friends and get the support you need.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:23 pm

My condolences to you and your family Impedimenta.

The physical presence of your family and loving support- is so important and has to be such a source of strength and comfort to your MIL during this difficult time.

You are in my thoughts and prayers. Take care.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:50 pm

Impedimenta wrote:...in the dumps. whatta way to start 2013. my FIL passed away unexpectedly and we are all in chennai. Now, i have seen all this early on in life with both my parents and sorta stood strong for him and all thro the flight but i don't know what happened the moment i saw the body. i broke down :-(

as a human being, i seriously do not know how to cope with death yet, even after having seen so much in my life myself. i guess i am not that strong after all, emotionally.

A revelation that has humbled me. my MIL is an amazing woman, so practical and with it. god bless her inner strength.

sorry to hear this. be brave.

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:20 pm

My heart-felt condolences to you and your family. It must be especially difficult for your husband, so be strong for him. Unfortunately, death is part of life. May you find solace and peace to get over your grief, Impy.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:21 pm

Hope you feel better soon.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:41 pm

Impedimenta wrote:...in the dumps. whatta way to start 2013. my FIL passed away unexpectedly and we are all in chennai. Now, i have seen all this early on in life with both my parents and sorta stood strong for him and all thro the flight but i don't know what happened the moment i saw the body. i broke down :-(

I am sorry to hear that. Apart from my new philosophical findings, it is always sad and shocking to see people you are close to die. You will get over it - thanks to the ever-grinding machine like life that we all live. Hope your MIL gets through this and gets the strength to adjust to her new life without your FIL.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:32 am

>>>I am sorry to hear about your FIL. Hope your husband and the whole family find the strength to get through this. Be strong for your husband.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:39 am

so sorry to hear this impy. be strong and emulate your MIL. hope you and your family overcome this fast.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandee2020 Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:45 am

Deepest sympathy to you and your family. Death in the family and a close one is difficult time and takes time to heal. It is alright to feel sad, sharing your emotions is one way of healing.

Sandee2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:52 pm

Hi Impedimenta,

Sorry to read about the death in your family. May the departed soul rest in peace. My condolences to you and your family.

Seva
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:24 pm

Very sorry to hear the news. From what I gather, you're a strong person, breaking down is natural not a sign of weakness, not at all.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:49 pm

thanks a lot guys! thank you for your kind words.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:03 pm

Oh death... the only thing that is true in the world.

I have seen people dying ...and nothing else matters anymore after having seen people go away in a snap.

Sorry to hear, but it brings out the best in humans. Staying close to family members is best one can do. Be there, for them.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:09 pm

southindian wrote:Oh death... the only thing that is true in the world.
Death is the great leveler. Let us all hope that someone says/feels this about us when we are gone from this earth: http://homepages.wmich.edu/~cooneys/poems/auden.stop.html

Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:44 am

panini press wrote:
southindian wrote:Oh death... the only thing that is true in the world.
Death is the great leveler. Let us all hope that someone says/feels this about us when we are gone from this earth: http://homepages.wmich.edu/~cooneys/poems/auden.stop.html

>>> i think i heard this poem in Four Weddings and a Funeral.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum