Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why you should fly United Airlines

+8
truthbetold
Jeremiah Mburuburu
FluteHolder
Seva Lamberdar
Propagandhi711
Hellsangel
Maria S
Idéfix
12 posters

Go down

Why you should fly United Airlines Empty Why you should fly United Airlines

Post by Idéfix Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:17 pm

It is the second largest airline in the world, that's why. From now on, when I feel like going somewhere, I am going to fly United. Whether it goes where I want to go or not. If United does not fly where I want to go, I will fly where United does fly. Mountain, Mohammad, etc. After all, why would anyone not wish to fly the world's second largest airline?

Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Why you should fly United Airlines Empty Re: Why you should fly United Airlines

Post by Maria S Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:26 pm

I have traveled by United only twice..and it has been some time.

Seriously, for international flights..are they good?
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:27 pm

Maria S wrote:I have traveled by United only twice..and it has been some time.

Seriously, for international flights..are they good?

What do you think?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:30 pm

I don't know. There are so many changes these days. I used to enjoy flying, now I am weary..almost dread it. Delta (my most freq.flyer airline) used to be good, but they are a mess..so many delays and hassles.

Nothing wrong in asking someone who traveled recently, is there?

If you can, please share some insight about United as well.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:34 pm

For international flights, I try to avoid all American carriers. They usually have old planes, no in-seat entertainment in coach, bad food even by airline standards, and so-so service. The only situation in which I will fly an American airline international is if it's work travel in business/first... UA international business and first are not bad. But even in those cabins, Asian and European carriers offer much more.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:35 pm

But in light of the breakthrough insight I just obtained today, I might start flying UA internationally as well. After all, why would anyone not wish to fly the world's second largest airline?
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:39 pm

I have a German friend who once wanted to fly Lufthansa from Frankfurt to JFK. His parents, who were paying for the flight, insisted that he fly United which was the world's second largest airline. He is now happy that he flew United instead of Lufthansa.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:42 pm

panini press wrote:I have a German friend who once wanted to fly Lufthansa from Frankfurt to JFK. His parents, who were paying for the flight, insisted that he fly United which was the world's second largest airline. He is now happy that he flew United instead of Lufthansa.

Good anecdote! Very convincing.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:44 pm

well, I'm sold. germans usually always do the right thing and if you disagree, they'll send you to the chambers and not the ones with a maid either. I'm flying united everytime or staying home.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:07 pm

panini press wrote:After all, why would anyone not wish to fly the world's second largest airline?

Because people may prefer to fly the world's largest airline. No seconds!
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:08 pm

panini press wrote:It is the second largest airline in the world, that's why. From now on, when I feel like going somewhere, I am going to fly United. Whether it goes where I want to go or not. If United does not fly where I want to go, I will fly where United does fly. Mountain, Mohammad, etc. After all, why would anyone not wish to fly the world's second largest airline?

just to be fair, if it's the largest/second largest airline, chances are it will cover more destinations than other airlines.

when we were little and used to fight, my mom would ask me to stop. bcz i was the samajhdar one. no reason. just saying.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:28 pm

panini press wrote:For international flights, I try to avoid all American carriers. They usually have old planes, no in-seat entertainment in coach, bad food even by airline standards, and so-so service. The only situation in which I will fly an American airline international is if it's work travel in business/first... UA international business and first are not bad. But even in those cabins, Asian and European carriers offer much more.

Thank you Platinum Card freq. elite flyer:)

Don't you all knock Lufthansa, am still a Miles and More freq. flyer! They are quite professional and on time most of the time, for short trips like a week, their direct flights to Chennai are okay- food is barely ok. British Airways is ok..except for London transit experiences. Still like Air India..I know it's not good to say that to elite flyers!

As for the flight crews, it used to be Gustavs and Adalwulfs, now it's Ajits and Kavitas..anyways, want to try other airlines too.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:46 pm

Yeah, I like LH. It's my favorite carrier to and from Europe. They fly the new Airbus 380 from SFO, which is nice. I have resolved to never fly Air India again. Every one of my international trips with them went wrong in one way or another.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:50 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
panini press wrote:I have a German friend who once wanted to fly Lufthansa from Frankfurt to JFK. His parents, who were paying for the flight, insisted that he fly United which was the world's second largest airline. He is now happy that he flew United instead of Lufthansa.

Good anecdote! Very convincing.

Smile I am really impressed and is there any 'Texin (for Dhakshin) United States German Prachar Sabha'? I want to sign up first and I see Vee Unlce, Propa standing in line for signing up. I want to learn German so that when I fly United, I would feel more at home. Do they give upgrades to first class, If I talk to the crew in German?

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:02 pm

panini press wrote:Yeah, I like LH. It's my favorite carrier to and from Europe. They fly the new Airbus 380 from SFO, which is nice. I have resolved to never fly Air India again. Every one of my international trips with them went wrong in one way or another.

That's nice to know. Wish I had more choices.

Our experiences and memories..shape our choices, more than we want them to.

Once upon a time, Air India was homely and felt safe..I was an "unaccompanied Minor" for a long time, and the flight crews/ground staff uncles and aunties took good care of me, good memories.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:49 pm

panini press wrote:It is the second largest airline in the world, that's why. From now on, when I feel like going somewhere, I am going to fly United. Whether it goes where I want to go or not. If United does not fly where I want to go, I will fly where United does fly. Mountain, Mohammad, etc. After all, why would anyone not wish to fly the world's second largest airline?
pressulu, a request: please do not post here anymore. the members here are dying a slow death from the boredom your posts inflict on them. i suppose no one one told you that unrelieved sarcasm is boring.

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:51 pm

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:
pressulu, a request: please do not post here anymore. the members here are dying a slow death from the boredom your posts inflict on them. i suppose no one one told you that unrelieved sarcasm is boring.
I have considered your request, and rejected it. What are you going to do now?

Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:58 pm

panini press wrote:

The old dog is just being worse than malicious. 20 out of 21 voters think he is worse than malicious. The lone holdout thinks he is just malicious. Maybe he should borrow some meds from Rashman, they might work on him.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:14 pm

panini press wrote:
my post has already served some of its purpose; i don't need to do much more, but i may.

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:29 pm

panini press wrote:
my post has already served some of its purpose; i don't need to do much more, but i may.
Was that purpose to distract from your ignominious retreat from tough questions about your baseless, slanderous accusations, Liar Jerji?
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:36 pm

Jm,

Your posts are the most useless posts on this forum. Funny that you think you have the credibility to call any one boring.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:27 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:well, I'm sold. germans usually always do the right thing and if you disagree, they'll send you to the chambers and not the ones with a maid either. I'm flying united everytime or staying home.
what on earth is "usually always?" is that like "sometimes never?"

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:00 am

Preferred airlines for international travel

Singapore Airlines

Lufthansa

Air France

Airlines to stay away

Air India

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:00 am

Be advised that it is not the second largest. Air India (Hindi announcements) has taken that prestigious "second" spot because you must add its composites: Indian Airlines (Hindi and Dakhini announcements), Emirates (Arabic=relative of Persian=relative of Urdu=Hindi announcements), Royal Bhutan Airlines (dzongkha=relative of Nepali of Devanagari script=Hindi announcements) and Sri Lankan Airlines (Sinhalese=relative of Prakrit spoken by Emperor Asoka, a Kshatriya of Indo Aryan root=Hindi announcements). QED. Air India is now the second largest, if not the largest, airline in the world.

P.S. Max has agreed that Hindi=Urdu. That logic applies to Dzongkha, Helabasa, Persian and the rest.

P.P.S. Refrain from posts that are "boring". They drill into the conscience of JM.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:20 pm

goodcitizn wrote:

Be advised that it is not the second largest. Air India (Hindi announcements) has taken that prestigious "second" spot because you must add its composites: Indian Airlines (Hindi and Dakhini announcements), Emirates (Arabic=relative of Persian=relative of Urdu=Hindi announcements), Royal Bhutan Airlines (dzongkha=relative of Nepali of Devanagari script=Hindi announcements) and Sri Lankan Airlines (Sinhalese=relative of Prakrit spoken by Emperor Asoka, a Kshatriya of Indo Aryan root=Hindi announcements). QED. Air India is now the second largest, if not the largest, airline in the world.

P.S. Max has agreed that Hindi=Urdu. That logic applies to Dzongkha, Helabasa, Persian and the rest.

P.P.S. Refrain from posts that are "boring". They drill into the conscience of JM.

LOLu !

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:38 pm

Kayalvizhi wrote:Preferred airlines for international travel

Singapore Airlines

Lufthansa

Air France

Airlines to stay away

Air India

Let me guess...bcz those phoren airlines make annoucnements in Tamil on their flight to Madras..

You guys are so so easy to satisfy. If someone calls you "Nee oru MuttaaL" you will feel happy and elated more than if the same person said in english "You are a genius"

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down