Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kathak at Chidambaram (UP-TN synthesis)

Go down

Kathak at Chidambaram (UP-TN synthesis) Empty Kathak at Chidambaram (UP-TN synthesis)

Post by Guest Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:05 pm

I was pleasantly surprised to learn that Kathak performances have regularly been held at the Nataraja temple at Chidambaram which is in TN. Kathak, of course, originated in UP. A good article on Kathak is this one:

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/270893/kathak-down-ages.html

Back to top Go down

Kathak at Chidambaram (UP-TN synthesis) Empty Re: Kathak at Chidambaram (UP-TN synthesis)

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:32 pm

I understand that if ketamine is injected into one half of the brain of a rooster, it starts to rotate around like what you see in Kathak. So, was kathak invented by some neurologist (or a psychiatrist?) in ancient times?

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Kathak at Chidambaram (UP-TN synthesis) Empty Re: Kathak at Chidambaram (UP-TN synthesis)

Post by Guest Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:05 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:I understand that if ketamine is injected into one half of the brain of a rooster, it starts to rotate around like what you see in Kathak. So, was kathak invented by some neurologist (or a psychiatrist?) in ancient times?

is what you are saying now in harmony with what Advaita Vedanta (which you claim to follow) teaches? Is this what you learnt after all your study of Vedas, Upanisads, and writings of Adi Sankara?

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:29 am

UP-TN synthesis is as real as the Ketamine-Kathak fusion. That was my point.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down