Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Travesty of Justice

5 posters

Go down

Travesty of Justice Empty Travesty of Justice

Post by goodcitizn Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:06 am

When the prosecution aids and abets the defence as in the 2G SCAM, it is travesty of justice, what else?

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/more-skeletons-tumble-out-of-leaked-2g-call-transcripts/article4425555.ece?homepage=true

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Travesty of Justice Empty Re: Travesty of Justice

Post by Merlot Daruwala Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:17 am

This is one case where some eavesdropper publicized the taped conversations. I'm pretty sure that this is more common than suspected when it is the rich and powerful in the dock.

Some years ago, I used to believe the judicial system was slow but somehow cleaner than the other arms of the government. No longer. In a society corrupt from top to bottom, it's unrealistic to imagine that the prosecutors and the judges will miraculously remain above the lure of the lucre.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:53 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:This is one case where some eavesdropper publicized the taped conversations. I'm pretty sure that this is more common than suspected when it is the rich and powerful in the dock.

Some years ago, I used to believe the judicial system was slow but somehow cleaner than the other arms of the government. No longer. In a society corrupt from top to bottom, it's unrealistic to imagine that the prosecutors and the judges will miraculously remain above the lure of the lucre.

Thank you... I have been criticizing the Indian Judiciary all along - what can I say.. I am just way too fast in understanding the Indian system. I am glad that at least you have turned around to my point of view - better late than never....

Trust in me.....

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:54 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

Trust in me.....

Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:12 am

Hellsangel wrote:
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

Trust in me.....

Very sweet!

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:28 am

here is something related by D.P. Poddar: “Judicial system in India has become a joke” ... http://dppoddar.com/Default.aspx?Archive=True&BlogID=58
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:26 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:This is one case where some eavesdropper publicized the taped conversations. I'm pretty sure that this is more common than suspected when it is the rich and powerful in the dock.

I'm with you. Especially after listening to Katju who is passing judgments that 90% of Indians are stupid. How he was nominated to the Supreme Court in the first place is both frightening and sickening.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down