Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

it seems your shoes say something about you

5 posters

Go down

it seems your shoes say something about you Empty it seems your shoes say something about you

Post by Impedimenta Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:07 pm

...that's the word...

http://images.businessweek.com/slideshows/20110524/what-your-shoe-says-about-you/

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

it seems your shoes say something about you Empty Re: it seems your shoes say something about you

Post by Rekz Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:59 pm

Oh yes...shoes & watches for men
Handbags & feet for women...
Your home fridge says something abt u too...one look at the fridge we can know what's going in that house
Rekz
Rekz

Back to top Go down

it seems your shoes say something about you Empty Re: it seems your shoes say something about you

Post by charvaka Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:04 pm

Impedimenta wrote:...that's the word...

http://images.businessweek.com/slideshows/20110524/what-your-shoe-says-about-you/
I would like my five minutes back, please. Thank you.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:09 am

Like Drew Baylor says in Elizabethtown, A shoe is not just a shoe.
It connects us to the Earth.

The right shoe can transport us...make us believe
we are capable of more.

but ur article didnt say much about 'what' do the shoes say about us.i remember this charatcter from interact in english 9th std book who judged people by their shoes and got tricked by an old man who wore polished leather shoes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:14 am

Rekz wrote:Oh yes...shoes & watches for men
Your home fridge says something abt u too...one look at the fridge we can know what's going in that house

...and what do they say, rekz?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:20 am

seven wrote:Like Drew Baylor says in Elizabethtown, A shoe is not just a shoe.

we are capable of more.

but ur article didnt say much about 'what' do the shoes say about us.i remember this charatcter from interact in english 9th std book who judged people by their shoes and got tricked by an old man who wore polished leather shoes.

Who is Drew Baylor? What is Elizabethtown? Shoes make us believe that we are capable of more?

Majidi's rather moving Children of Heaven gives a good perspective on all this.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2085360636693346701#

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:28 am

blabberwock wrote:
seven wrote:Like Drew Baylor says in Elizabethtown, A shoe is not just a shoe.

we are capable of more.

Who is Drew Baylor? What is Elizabethtown? Shoes make us believe that we are capable of more?

Drew Baylor is a character played by Orlando Bloom in the movie Elizabethtown.

by "make us blv we r capable of more" he prolly meant the right heels can make u taller and look prettier etc for women and yea guys too. they can look taller or like good running shoes can make them run faster fly even ! the statement was from a shoe manufacturing company. they advertise/exaggerate.

Back to top Go down

Post by .|Sublime|. Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:29 am

blabberwock wrote:Majidi's rather moving Children of Heaven gives a good perspective on all this.

watched it. it is a beautiful movie. is it a children's movie by any chance?
kids who get everything they ask for parents who give everything their kids ask for should watch this movie with their kids.
the innocence in the movie is heartwarming. basically, life of the poor is the same anywhere in the world - hand to mouth living. rotis the boy bought somewhere in the beginning of the movie looked good - i think they are called chappal rotis?

thanks for the movie link.

.|Sublime|.

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:31 am

.|Sublime|. wrote:
kids who get everything they ask for parents who give everything their kids ask for should watch this movie with their kids.
the innocence in the movie is heartwarming. basically, life of the poor is the same anywhere in the world - hand to mouth living. rotis the boy bought somewhere in the beginning of the movie looked good - i think they are called chappal rotis?

Yeah, I watched it a couple of years ago. Fabulous movie. Can't believe it showed up in connection with that stupid article on shoes.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by .|Sublime|. Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:47 am

charvaka wrote:Yeah, I watched it a couple of years ago. Fabulous movie. Can't believe it showed up in connection with that stupid article on shoes.

thinking outside the shoe-box?

.|Sublime|.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekz Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:53 am

blabberwock wrote:

It's based simple theory....just open ur home fridge & describe it...or if ur worried about ur home fridge's security send me notes...will give u detailed interpretation Cool
Rekz
Rekz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:58 pm

.|Sublime|. wrote:
blabberwock wrote:Majidi's rather moving Children of Heaven gives a good perspective on all this.

Thank you for watching it - I have often posted links to several of my favourite movies on sulekha only for them to be blissfully ignored. I don't think this is meant to be a children's movie but it is eminently watchable for kids. Have you seen "Red Balloon"?

charvaka wrote: Yeah, I watched it a couple of years ago. Fabulous movie. Can't believe it showed up in connection with that stupid article on shoes.

charvaka, the obvious connection is "shoes".

Back to top Go down

Post by Mosquito Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:02 pm

blabberwock wrote:

Majidi makes you fall in love with the characters! Another gem of his is Colors of Paradise!
Mosquito
Mosquito

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:05 pm

Rekz wrote:
blabberwock wrote:

It's based simple theory....just open ur home fridge & describe it...or if ur worried about ur home fridge's security send me notes...will give u detailed interpretation Cool

My fridge is stocked with milk, yoghurt, orange juice, eggs and lots of fruits and vegetables. A few bottles of things like tabasco sauce, ketchup, olives, capers and other such condiments. On some days, some leftover food from the previous day as well.

The freezer has some meat, fish, ice-cream and a few packets of frozen peas and edamame beans.

What does it say about me, Rekz? Or do you need more details?

Last edited by blabberwock on Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Clarity)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekz Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:34 am

I think a picture would make it more easy for me Smile more than description...
Rekz
Rekz

Back to top Go down

Post by .|Sublime|. Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:04 am

blabberwock wrote:Thank you for watching it - I have often posted links to several of my favourite movies on sulekha only for them to be blissfully ignored. I don't think this is meant to be a children's movie but it is eminently watchable for kids. Have you seen "Red Balloon"?

saw it. another good one. thanks

.|Sublime|.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down