Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bata shoes

+3
doofus_maximus
Hellsangel
The Absolute Zero
7 posters

Go down

Bata shoes Empty Bata shoes

Post by The Absolute Zero Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:38 am

Anyone has recently seen the Bata.in website? The shoes are like 3k and up and even the chappal is 199.00 by Hush puppies.

Why on earth these are so expensive? In K-Mart you can buy a decent shoe for 20 or 30 bucks that would last for 2 years. Even Sears and Kohls can sell the Hush Puppies for 50 bux and if you are lucky you can get one of their 30% off on a given day and cash in.

Any reason why this Bata shoes are so highly priced? Plus the shoes look awfully old fashioned and bad. They discontinued the old QuoVadis (4 laces on each side) that looked elegant. I remember waiting for this Quo Vadis for overn year while living in the then Madras. It was very popular. Why do they discontinue a popular brand? IT/whatever boom is destroying the country beyond a reasonable repair methinks.

The Absolute Zero

Back to top Go down

Bata shoes Empty Re: Bata shoes

Post by Hellsangel Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:40 am

The Absolute Zero wrote:

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:44 am

clothes/shoes are much much cheaper in the USA if you decide to wait for sales and use coupons.

some folks I know who went back to India for good and who visit US once in two years or so do all their shopping here.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Absolute Zero Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:50 am

Nothing is cooler than The Absolute Zero!

Is what I wanted to say. Cool dude.

BTW HA if you have nothing to say about the topic (more than once I observed you digress on the subjects and topic), there is an easy method. STFU. (Pun intended)

The Absolute Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:55 am

The Absolute Zero wrote:(Pun intended)

What pun?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:08 pm

you english medium convent edumacated hipsters making fun of the salt of the earth uppili and AZ for their malaprops and such.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by The Absolute Zero Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:13 pm

Hellsangel wrote:What pun?

Re-read the message and google for STFU; that was intended for pun/fun.

The Absolute Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:18 pm

The Absolute Zero wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:What pun?

Re-read the message and google for STFU; that was intended for pun/fun.

I don't have to google. I am looking for the pun.

HTH:
Definition of PUN
: the usually humorous use of a word in such a way as to suggest two or more of its meanings or the meaning of another word similar in sound
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Absolute Zero Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:24 pm

HA
Go join an engg college and go thru the ragging period (instead of looking at the dictionaries that is). You will ezly understand.

The Absolute Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:27 pm

The Absolute Zero wrote:HA
Go join an engg college and go thru the ragging period (instead of looking at the dictionaries that is). You will ezly understand.
My dear Kelvin Zero, all I can say is "Say what?"
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:41 pm

Hush puppies is not Bata's in house product. It is a US based brand which Bata manufactures/markets under license. When you add up license fees etc the price is bound to be very high. Hush puppies selling for 000's of rupees is no different than a subway sandwich costing 180 Rs, Domino's pizza costing 1000 Rs etc.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:52 pm

The Absolute Zero wrote:Anyone has recently seen the Bata.in website? The shoes are like 3k and up and even the chappal is 199.00 by Hush puppies.

Why on earth these are so expensive? In K-Mart you can buy a decent shoe for 20 or 30 bucks that would last for 2 years. Even Sears and Kohls can sell the Hush Puppies for 50 bux and if you are lucky you can get one of their 30% off on a given day and cash in.

Any reason why this Bata shoes are so highly priced? Plus the shoes look awfully old fashioned and bad. They discontinued the old QuoVadis (4 laces on each side) that looked elegant. I remember waiting for this Quo Vadis for overn year while living in the then Madras. It was very popular. Why do they discontinue a popular brand? IT/whatever boom is destroying the country beyond a reasonable repair methinks.

yeah the country should get fucked and stay backwards so you can buy badly made shoes on the cheap. makes sense.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:59 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:yeah the country should get fucked and stay backwards so you can buy badly made shoes on the cheap. makes sense.
lol!
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by The Absolute Zero Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:04 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
yeah the country should get fucked and stay backwards so you can buy badly made shoes on the cheap. makes sense.

LOL. So going forward means everything should be imported and costing 2K? why on earth the Quo Vadis was discontinued? Cheaper does not mean get Phucked. NOW, what?

The Absolute Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by .|Sublime|. Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:05 pm

their scholls line of shoes are durable and comfortable. but yea bata is not for looks.

.|Sublime|.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down