Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

party of the brilliants

2 posters

Go down

party of the brilliants Empty party of the brilliants

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:51 pm

you wont read this news from the bifocaled intellectuals of SUCH but here's an example of 'racism' and 'fear mongering' from the progressive party, the party that doesnt have any stupids and is filled with brilliant minds that like a good govt handout like nobody's business:

http://news.yahoo.com/liberal-super-pac-backtracks-racist-tweets-against-ex-213010611--abc-news-politics.html

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

party of the brilliants Empty Re: party of the brilliants

Post by Idéfix Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:54 pm

Every party has stupid people -- or more to the point in this case, slimy assholes -- in it. Politics is a dirty game, and it attracts more than its fair share of slimy assholes. The Deomcratic party was the party of Jim Crow just 50 years ago, so I am not surprised that it has its share of race-baiters. Even beyond the obvious race-baiting like this incident, a lot of the party's anti-outsourcing shtick is rooted in xenophobia covered in patriotic garb.

I don't remember any prominent Dem calling the GOP the "party of stupid" though; it is Bobby Jindal, the born-again ultraconservative GOP hero who did that.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:06 pm

panileni paparao wrote:Every party has stupid people -- or more to the point in this case, slimy assholes -- in it. Politics is a dirty game, and it attracts more than its fair share of slimy assholes. The Deomcratic party was the party of Jim Crow just 50 years ago, so I am not surprised that it has its share of race-baiters. Even beyond the obvious race-baiting like this incident, a lot of the party's anti-outsourcing shtick is rooted in xenophobia covered in patriotic garb.

I don't remember any prominent Dem calling the GOP the "party of stupid" though; it is Bobby Jindal, the born-again ultraconservative GOP hero who did that.

our own SUCH intellectuals do refer sneeringly to repubs, their positions and their "base" as stupid routinely - read posts from august '12 to jan'12. I find it interesting that the intellectuals never post links when dems do shitty things...they're all up in the arms when a dumb repub says something stupid abt abortion but not a peep abt dems' corruption among other things.

I dont agree with anti-outsourcing 'shtick' being rooted in xenophobia - there are very valid reasons why someone might be ticked off when the companies start moving operations and employment elsewhere while still doing business locally. there is not one populace in the world that embraces that so why should american blue/white collars?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down