Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting your Driver License in India renewed without Paying '*+fees'?

2 posters

Go down

Getting your Driver License in India renewed without Paying '*+fees'? Empty Getting your Driver License in India renewed without Paying '*+fees'?

Post by FluteHolder Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:42 am

Is it possible to get your DL renewed/apply for new one without paying any additional fees(bribes) in Indian RTOs? I heard the new system (plastic DL) has eliminated /reduced the middlemen in some RTOs/States?

I have photocopy of unexpired DL and want to get a new Plastic one. And planning to convert wife's DL booklet(valid) to a plastic one. If I go thru regular procedure/process, how long they can drag? I want to avoid paying anything other than the required fees. If they drag/delay, escalations to higher up will do any good? Any experiences?

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Getting your Driver License in India renewed without Paying '*+fees'? Empty Re: Getting your Driver License in India renewed without Paying '*+fees'?

Post by Uppili Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:22 pm

FluteHolder wrote: Is it possible to get your DL renewed/apply for new one without paying any additional fees(bribes) in Indian RTOs? I heard the new system (plastic DL) has eliminated /reduced the middlemen in some RTOs/States?

I have photocopy of unexpired DL and want to get a new Plastic one. And planning to convert wife's DL booklet(valid) to a plastic one. If I go thru regular procedure/process, how long they can drag? I want to avoid paying anything other than the required fees. If they drag/delay, escalations to higher up will do any good? Any experiences?

Just tell them you are from Amrikaa and want to get it done fast, have no time to waste at RTO.

Uppili

Back to top Go down

Getting your Driver License in India renewed without Paying '*+fees'? Empty Re: Getting your Driver License in India renewed without Paying '*+fees'?

Post by FluteHolder Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:07 pm

Just tell them you are from Amrikaa and want to get it done fast, have no time to waste at RTO.
>>>
Ya. Sure way to get fleeced. Anyway they will come to know but I am going to try avoid paying the *special fees:). I might just need a police certificate. But might use influence (friend's uncle is AGP) if neeeded. Last time one officer (in Property registration, years back) asked me a bribe, that officer got suspended after I/my friend (who was GM of a Public sector undtk. whose property was being registered and I was the witness to the transaction) complained to anticorruption department. She came to our house begging me to withdraw my complaint and I/we refused to do so. We requested the anti corruption officer to just warn her. She got transferred/reprimanded.

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:09 pm

Message from the TN police website/homepage.Smile
===
Corruption is an evil
"The bribery is against the law. The complaints about corruption may be sent to the Directorate of Vigilance and Anti-corruption, Chennai-28"
Phone: 044-24615989 / 24615929/ 24615948

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down