Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New feature: you can change your username

+2
Maria S
Idéfix
6 posters

Go down

New feature: you can change your username Empty New feature: you can change your username

Post by Idéfix Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:12 pm

If you are tired of your username and want to change it, you have a new option now. You can either get a new handle as before, or you can go to your Profile, edit your username, and save. Note that this will change the username on all your past posts as well.

Any comments, concerns, or questions regarding this feature are welcome.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

New feature: you can change your username Empty Re: New feature: you can change your username

Post by Maria S Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:30 pm

Carvaka,

I know you are trying, and to be the admin for "free" is a thankless job.

*First, it was..playing harmful games- revealing private info without consent.. and that makes me very uncomfortable to come over here.

*On a lighter note..Why O' Why this now- make it so easy? I can never keep up with people-and their new avatars now!

There is only so much time..would like to just click on threads/posts with people/screen names, which are familiar to me- I want to interact with and move on.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

New feature: you can change your username Empty Re: New feature: you can change your username

Post by Idéfix Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:34 pm

Maria S wrote:Carvaka,

I know you are trying, and to be the admin for "free" is a thankless job.

*First, it was..playing harmful games- revealing private info without consent.. and that makes me very uncomfortable to come over here.
I know, and I believe most members feel the same way too.

Maria S wrote:*On a lighter note..Why O' Why this now- make it so easy? I can never keep up with people-and their new avatars now!
Haha! So if people choose to use this easy option, it will also make it easier for the rest of us to figure out who's who. You just need to click on their name, go to "Statistics" and "Find all messages posted by..." and you will see their past messages. Basically there will be a clear connection between the new name and old name.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:55 pm

panileni paparao wrote:

You just need to click on their name, go to "Statistics" and "Find all messages posted by..." and you will see their past messages. Basically there will be a clear connection between the new name and old name.

Is this a trick to make me spend a LOT of time here? TBT made it clear..the posters here are not even worthy of meeting (it is his right, of course) But, I would like a fee added for people like him who want to simply consider me an object of entertainment and interact exclusively for their fun (please donate the money,if you make any money:D (!) to a Charity of your choice).

Seriously, thank you Administrator, I got it:)
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:24 pm

Maria, pretend-doctors have all the time in the world to browse this website.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:37 pm

Hellsangel wrote:Maria, pretend-doctors have all the time in the world to browse this website.

I am not sure what you are implying- and what the intention of saying that is. I don't know you (know absolutely nothing about you) and if you like to know personal info, kindly contact me privately.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:05 pm

panileni paparao wrote:If you are tired of your username and want to change it, you have a new option now. You can either get a new handle as before, or you can go to your Profile, edit your username, and save. Note that this will change the username on all your past posts as well.

Any comments, concerns, or questions regarding this feature are welcome.

Please let me know if northindian is not taken. Southindians unanimously agree here, I belong to northindian category, since I show all signs of the northindian DNA. I was blown away by this strong feeling in the dosa(i) community.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:08 pm

southindian wrote:Please let me know if northindian is not taken.
No idea, try it and you shall know.

You remind me of a handle called Vivek on the old site.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:08 pm

ya?

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:13 pm

panileni paparao wrote:
southindian wrote:Please let me know if northindian is not taken.
No idea, try it and you shall know.

You remind me of a handle called Vivek on the old site.

How do get that feeling?

Thanks and will check for both NorthIndian and Vivek.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:13 pm

Priyamvadai M'dosai wrote:ya?
Yes, I like it.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:15 pm

panileni paparao wrote:
Yes, I like it.

PP, you have caused havoc here by unleashing name change monsters from the closets. someone who is walks into this place is going to either faint or throw up or both:-)

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:19 pm

Maria S wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:Maria, pretend-doctors have all the time in the world to browse this website.

I am not sure what you are implying- and what the intention of saying that is. I don't know you (know absolutely nothing about you) and if you like to know personal info, kindly contact me privately.

s/he meant rashmun >> PhD >>>pretend doctors

you're too sweet maria and and HA is black swan from that swan movie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:21 pm

Priyamvadai M'dosai wrote:
panileni paparao wrote:
Yes, I like it.

PP, you have caused havoc here by unleashing name change monsters from the closets. someone who is walks into this place is going to either faint or throw up or both:-)

LOL iAgree ok maybe not throwup but faint for sure haha

oh n i'd like to add i am happy to be an insider now. that i understand (atleast in parts) what goes on here Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:22 pm

panileni paparao wrote:
Yes, I like it.

Haha, yes, it is harmless fun I hope. People will eventually settle into names they like once the experimentation wears off.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:24 pm

seven wrote:
panileni paparao wrote:
Yes, I like it.

oh n i'd like to add i am happy to be an insider now. that i understand (atleast in parts) what goes on here Very Happy
Very Happy Congrats 7! You are more perceptive about what happens here than you let on.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:25 pm

seven wrote:

You are sweet too Babe:)

Never know why people say and do the things they do.

Are you planning to change your screen name? See, I still call you the old name Babe, and hope that's okay with you!

You are a nice Babe.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:26 pm

panileni paparao wrote:
seven wrote:
panileni paparao wrote:
Yes, I like it.

Very Happy Congrats 7! You are more perceptive about what happens here than you let on.

thank you! i remeber when i was new to this place and didnt know what da who of anything...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:27 pm

Maria S wrote:
seven wrote:

You are sweet too Babe:)

Never know why people say and do the things they do.

Are you planning to change your screen name? See, I still call you the old name Babe, and hope that's okay with you!

You are a nice Babe.

everything's great. i donno if i'll change my name. i like it best. what if i changed and sm1 else claimed it ( i know LOL but what if?)

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:27 pm

I updated but could not save. Message. "It's too long".

No one ever said that to me before.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:35 pm

Seven brought up an excellent point: if you change your name, be prepared for the scenario of another poster claiming your old name. If you don't want that to happen, please do NOT change your name.

I do NOT want to get in the middle of "I had that name first, I want it back" and stuff like that!
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:03 pm

exactly! i know no one was going to want mine but lol what if rashmun claimed urs - imagine the confusion and what all he can write and people will no tknow if its you or who

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:58 pm

seven wrote:exactly! i know no one was going to want mine but lol what if rashmun claimed urs - imagine the confusion and what all he can write and people will no tknow if its you or who

I wondered the same too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:26 pm

nenu wrote:
seven wrote:exactly! i know no one was going to want mine but lol what if rashmun claimed urs - imagine the confusion and what all he can write and people will no tknow if its you or who

I wondered the same too.
It won't be that hard to figure out, I think. I just hope the ignore feature works if he changes his handle name.

If this becomes too confusing for people in practice, I will turn off the feature. Let people try it out and see we'll see where it goes.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:48 pm

bal masqué time

maybe some people will be more interesting now, with new faces on.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down