Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Budget Cuts explained

4 posters

Go down

The Budget Cuts explained Empty The Budget Cuts explained

Post by Hellsangel Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:37 pm

http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03/04/17180693-making-sense-of-the-clashing-sequester-numbers

A comment in there:

Liar is a pretty strong word. Obama is a community organizer trained in Chicago style politics. He's never switched out of campaign mode since 2008. And in campaign mode, I think he thinks it's OK to say things that are not true, and to make promises he doesn't intend to keep. Any means is justified, since you can't accomplish anything if you don't get elected.

The problem is that now he has been elected and it's time to stop campaigning and start leading. I'm convinced he doesn't know how to do that.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

The Budget Cuts explained Empty Re: The Budget Cuts explained

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:48 pm

Well.. Bush, Jr was even worse.

He got elected by Sandra Day O'Connor

He gave largesse to large corporations with large loads of money

He never lied bcz he was not smart enough to even talk any sense,. Lying requires the "appearance of making sense"

He is the root cause for all the budgetary and economic problems that we have now - Ohhh...he and his republican pals in Congress.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:54 pm

Hellsangel wrote:http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03/04/17180693-making-sense-of-the-clashing-sequester-numbers

A comment in there:

Liar is a pretty strong word. Obama is a community organizer trained in Chicago style politics. He's never switched out of campaign mode since 2008. And in campaign mode, I think he thinks it's OK to say things that are not true, and to make promises he doesn't intend to keep. Any means is justified, since you can't accomplish anything if you don't get elected.

The problem is that now he has been elected and it's time to stop campaigning and start leading. I'm convinced he doesn't know how to do that.

putting aside the question of lying which we should discuss separately, i consider what he is doing as part of his job. there are difficult and complex choices to be made and i don't see how we can do that without a discussion with the american people. he believes in a certain worldview and the republican members of the house are not buying it. given that, he is doing the only thing he can do -- making a direct and persuasive appeal to the people. what is wrong with that?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:56 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:what he is doing as part of his job.

Sure. As Campaigner-in-Chief.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:58 pm

Hellsangel wrote:

isn't part of a president's job to convince and cajole? i know it doesn't feel like it should be, after the administration which always did things by (vice-) presidential decree and cronyism.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:01 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

isn't part of a president's job to convince and cajole?

Sure. Hello DC! Meet Chicago-style politics!
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:03 pm

Hellsangel wrote:http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03/04/17180693-making-sense-of-the-clashing-sequester-numbers

A comment in there:

Sleep Did you get a copy of the paparazzo's playbook?
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:13 pm

trofimov wrote:

A comment in there:

Sleep Did you get a copy of the paparazzo's playbook?

Partisan dems won't see this any other way.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:46 pm

*** The sequester’s political radioactivity: Want another reason why President Obama waved the white flag in the budget battle over the sequester, as well as the possibility of a government shutdown? A new CBS poll shows that Americans -- by just five percentage points -- place more blame on congressional GOPers (38%) for the difficulty in reaching a deal than on Obama (33%). In other words, Obama was only going to get hurt in a protracted battle with Republicans. Sure the GOP would be hurt more, but Obama would be dragged down. Our NBC/WSJ poll from last week seemed to suggest that. And this CBS survey backs that up.

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03/05/17194404-first-thoughts-jeb-bush-lays-down-his-marker
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down