Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movement to ban ban on circumcision

+3
Mosquito
ashaNirasha
indophile
7 posters

Go down

Movement to ban ban on circumcision  Empty Movement to ban ban on circumcision

Post by indophile Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:49 pm

Wish we had a "Family" forum. Smile

Only in California!

http://www.cnn.com/2011/OPINION/06/07/granderson.circumcision.ballot/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

"anti-circumcision activists convinced thousands in San Francisco to sign a petition, and now in the fall voters will decide whether to ban the procedure from being performed on boys younger than 18. Don't laugh, Santa Monica was looking at a similar vote up until this week, and the organization responsible for this movement wants to see this on the ballot all over the country.
I can see the lawn signs now -- Circumcisions: Nip 'Em in the Bud.".................

indophile

Back to top Go down

Movement to ban ban on circumcision  Empty Re: Movement to ban ban on circumcision

Post by ashaNirasha Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:58 pm

California lo janalaki nijanga pani paata ledanukunta.

*Telugu alert. Can't think of something equivalent in English.

ashaNirasha

Back to top Go down

Movement to ban ban on circumcision  Empty Re: Movement to ban ban on circumcision

Post by indophile Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:53 pm

Translation:

For people in California there is no work or music, it looks like:-)

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:55 pm

More appropriate translation:

For people in California there is no work or song, it looks like:-)

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mosquito Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:52 pm

I think it is only in San Francisco, not in entire california.
Mosquito
Mosquito

Back to top Go down

Post by harharmahadev Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:50 pm

Which means its time to start a movement to ban banning the ban on circumcision.

harharmahadev

http://www.desichatter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sambarvada Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:36 pm

===> Reminds me what happened to the child of a Hindu temple priest here in the Washington DC area. A few hours after his son was born, the American doctor told him that his kid would be circumcised and it is a good thing to do. The Tamil priest who could hardly speak a few sentences in English understood the word good but nothing else. So the man simply nodded.

The other priests and their wives saw the circumcised infant and were laughing behind this man's back.

sambarvada

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:40 pm

sambarvada wrote:===> Reminds me what happened to the child of a Hindu temple priest here in the Washington DC area. A few hours after his son was born, the American doctor told him that his kid would be circumcised and it is a good thing to do. The Tamil priest who could hardly speak a few sentences in English understood the word good but nothing else. So the man simply nodded.

The other priests and their wives saw the circumcised infant and were laughing behind this man's back.

I dont know how to react to your story. I might just say appadiya? idhu varai neengal kangal al parkaadha apporva vishayangalai or some such.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:45 pm

PseudoIntellectual wrote:I think it is only in San Francisco, not in entire california.
You are right... Michael Krasny was going to talk about this on Forum today.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down