Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fourth visit to Tamil restaurant

4 posters

Go down

Fourth visit to Tamil restaurant Empty Fourth visit to Tamil restaurant

Post by Guest Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:37 pm

Started off with some venn pongal with sambar and coconut chutney. Unlike last time, the chutney was good this time. The pongal was also good. Besides the uncrushed black pepper seeds, there were little pieces of ginger in it.

For my next course I had plain rice with avial and coconut chutney. (Small helpings)

The third course was curd rice with avial and coconut chutney.
I also scooped out a few paneer pieces from the saag paneer and added it to my plate. The curd rice was pretty good. It has some kind of cooling effect on the body.

I skipped several dishes including tamarind rice and three other different vegetarian dishes.

The fourth course was a small size masala dosa. The first dosa he got for me was pretty sickly looking. He announced 'no oil' with a smile and was disappointed when I asked him to take that thing away and get me a regular dosa made with oil. There were too many people at this place today hence this issue came up I think.

The dessert was mango mousse and some sewai kheer which had raisins, almonds and cashews and perhaps other nuts in it.

The above meal was my breakfast cum lunch and I am again going to have fresh lemon juice with sparkling mineral water for dinner.

Back to top Go down

Fourth visit to Tamil restaurant Empty Re: Fourth visit to Tamil restaurant

Post by Guest Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:54 pm

Rush, when are you going to get married to the iyerini or iyengarini that you claimed to get married to? It's been quite a while since you declared that. I hope the north-south synthesis happens soon and you'll get to eat some homemade south indian food and spare us all from the accounts of your innumerable trips to the 'tamil' restaurants.

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:21 pm

Make sure that you give decent tip to the waiter. Now that you are a regular , they can put anything in your food if you don't tip well.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:30 pm

To get a good service, Rashmun should look for the Authentic Tamil cook/waiter over there and start lecturing the importance of Hindi and how Hindi is being liked/learnt in TN how it is helping NI/SI Synthesis. And he should teach the Tamil Waiter/cook there using the mantra 'Let us learn a Hindi Word today' as done by Hindian offices in TN:)

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:31 pm

b_A wrote:Make sure that you give decent tip to the waiter. Now that you are a regular , they can put anything in your food if you don't tip well.

You are right. I make sure i tip. Although I am not sure how they would put anything into my food as far as the buffet is concerned (with the exception of the dosa).

Back to top Go down

Post by Uppili Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:34 pm

FluteHolder wrote:To get a good service, Rashmun should look for the Authentic Tamil cook/waiter over there and start lecturing the importance of Hindi and how Hindi is being liked/learnt in TN how it is helping NI/SI Synthesis. And he should teach the Tamil Waiter/cook there using the mantra 'Let us learn a Hindi Word today' as done by Hindian offices in TN:)

That is too much work. Here is a much simpler thing he should do:

"Hindi is the national language. How come you guys dont speak any Hindi."

He will get special treatment.

Uppili

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:35 pm

Rashmun wrote:
b_A wrote:Make sure that you give decent tip to the waiter. Now that you are a regular , they can put anything in your food if you don't tip well.

You are right. I make sure i tip. Although I am not sure how they would put anything into my food as far as the buffet is concerned (with the exception of the dosa).

They can spit on the dosas before they give them to you (esp if you keep rejecting the dosas that they get for you and order them to get again)

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:46 am

Highly unusual for a restaurant with a Mallu proprietor (even if it is a "Tamil restaurant") to offer only vegetarian offerings...or did you skip the non-vegetarian items altogether?
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:58 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:Highly unusual for a restaurant with a Mallu proprietor (even if it is a "Tamil restaurant") to offer only vegetarian offerings...or did you skip the non-vegetarian items altogether?

No. The waiter specifically told me that this is a pure vegetarian establishment. It is possible the Mallu is a Brahmin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down