Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exactly how many Tamils are on this forum?

+21
doofus_maximus
Kris
Merlot Daruwala
Jeremiah Mburuburu
yogi
garam_kuta
Seva Lamberdar
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
southindian
Petrichor
bw
Propagandhi711
Impedimenta
confuzzled dude
Rekz
Vakavaka Pakapaka
Captain Bhankas
Idéfix
truthbetold
Uppili
Rishi
25 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Exactly how many Tamils are on this forum? Empty Exactly how many Tamils are on this forum?

Post by Rishi Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:12 pm

Looks like at least 70%.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Exactly how many Tamils are on this forum? Empty Re: Exactly how many Tamils are on this forum?

Post by Uppili Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:23 pm

Rishi wrote:Looks like at least 70%.

70% and KV

Uppili

Back to top Go down

Exactly how many Tamils are on this forum? Empty Re: Exactly how many Tamils are on this forum?

Post by truthbetold Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:24 pm

Plus TBT. I lived in TN for a while. It should count for something.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Uppili Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:38 pm

truthbetold wrote:Plus TBT. I lived in TN for a while. It should count for something.

Wait add Rashmun Saar ji also. He once visited Vellore for 2 days and talked to 2 friends for 2 hours and watched 2 hindi movies for 2 hrs each. So he should qualify as a Tamilian.

Uppili

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:41 pm

Uppili wrote:
truthbetold wrote:Plus TBT. I lived in TN for a while. It should count for something.

Wait add Rashmun Saar ji also. He once visited Vellore for 2 days and talked to 2 friends for 2 hours and watched 2 hindi movies for 2 hrs each. So he should qualify as a Tamilian.

Is it fair to say that you are half tamil and half Telugu? After all your mom's family is from AP as per your earlier claim. Do not feel embarrassed of your Telugu roots.

Back to top Go down

Post by Uppili Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:44 pm

Rashmun wrote:
Uppili wrote:

Is it fair to say that you are half tamil and half Telugu? After all your mom's family is from AP as per your earlier claim. Do not feel embarrassed of your Telugu roots.

Since you have made up your mind and convinced - why not just assume everything you say is fair.

Uppili

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:05 am

I went to Chennai twice. The first time I got there by train with my father and went to Adyar by bus, and stayed at a guest house for a few days. We ate at authentic local restaurants where we were served best when we spoke Telugu. We took a bus from Parry's Corner bus stand to Thiruttani and Tirupati. When we got to Thiruttani, my father got animated and told me about Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan who was from that town. The second time was a flight to Meenambakkam airport and a taxi ride to the US consulate, followed by a bus ride to Madras Central station on my way back home. Based on these two extensive experiences and my active interest in the connections between Telugu and Thamizh, I qualify as an honorary Thamizh brother of the Thamizhars. Please include me in your count, Rishiji.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:11 am

trofimov wrote:
I went to Chennai twice. The first time I got there by train with my father and went to Adyar by bus, and stayed at a guest house for a few days. We ate at authentic local restaurants where we were served best when we spoke Telugu. We took a bus from Parry's Corner bus stand to Thiruttani and Tirupati. When we got to Thiruttani, my father got animated and told me about Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan who was from that town. The second time was a flight to Meenambakkam airport and a taxi ride to the US consulate, followed by a bus ride to Madras Central station on my way back home. Based on these two extensive experiences and my active interest in the connections between Telugu and Thamizh, I qualify as an honorary Thamizh brother of the Thamizhars. Please include me in your count, Rishiji.

You forgot to mention the part where your father addressed an auto wallah in Chennai in Hindi.

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:32 am

census time.

TN (15)
Saraji Bojiji
Uppiliji
MaxEntropy_man
philip kuruvilla (a malayali in TN)
maria s (a malayali in TN)
fluteholder (a 6th gen maharashtrian in TN)
kris
sasthi
ponniyin selvan
kokeelaben
kokeelaben jr
nevada (?)
BW
DM
GC

AP ( 8 )
charvaka
propagandhi711
PI
TBT
kinnera
confuzeled dude
-sandilya ji
nandu

KN (1)
MD

MH (2)
CB
Ashdoc

UP, punjab and other hindian states (5)
tracey trivedi
rashmun
southindian
shaven
dear sevaji

WB (1)
HK

special mention - two states make a claim to IP - OR, AP.
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:51 am

I visited Chennai several times (I have relatives). Also, I met MSS & Semmangudi. I visited Madurai, Kanchi, Rameswaram, Kanyakumari, Ooty, Kodaikanal, Vellore, Coimbatore........ So, I also qualify as a Tambi to Uppili.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:57 am

ah, of course! I'menta. that makes it 16. i am sure i am forgetting a lot of handles.
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:03 am

you missed:

tapori - gujarat
sandee (purportedly kripamaya) - maharashtra domicile but from AP (i think)
indophile - AP but odhisa domicile
artood2 - hindia
richard hed - KN
bittu - delhi
chameli - MH

of course, some of them aren't posting presently.

what is "special mention - two states make a claim to IP - OR, AP?" i did not understand it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:14 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:what is "special mention - two states make a claim to IP - OR, AP?" i did not understand it.

Indophile - orissa and andhra which you have also covered. Smile
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:16 am

LOL!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:20 am

rekz - TN

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekz Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:06 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:rekz - TN

rekz-TN wrong!

Rekz=TN mind it!! Laughing
Rekz
Rekz

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:08 am

Captain Bhankas wrote:ah, of course! I'menta. that makes it 16. i am sure i am forgetting a lot of handles.
with that kind of memory and analysis, you should take over Chinese hacking admin.
however, i have to point that few regulars were missing. hellangel , b-a, and kv.

how could any one forget kv ?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:12 am

both of you missed md and captain himself. is there a reason ?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:32 am

truthbetold wrote:both of you missed md and captain himself. is there a reason ?
MD is there in captain's list under KN and so is the captain as CB under MH.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:33 am

Rekz wrote:

rekz-TN wrong!

Rekz=TN mind it!! Laughing
giving rajnikant competition? Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:52 am

truthbetold wrote:
Captain Bhankas wrote:ah, of course! I'menta. that makes it 16. i am sure i am forgetting a lot of handles.
with that kind of memory and analysis, you should take over Chinese hacking admin.
however, i have to point that few regulars were missing. hellangel , b-a, and kv.

right!

hellsangel - (purportedly) KN
b_A - (purportedly) AP
kv - (purportedly) sri lankan tamil
ashaNirasha - AP

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:22 am

truthbetold wrote:however, i have to point that few regulars were missing. hellangel , b-a, and kv.

HA - well, that handle is more secretive than north korea. i don't know its gender neither do i know its domicile. Smile

i don't know who b_a is. i don't recall any interactions with this handle.

Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:23 am

i thought rekzu was sasthi!
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:37 am

Some people are more active on such. Some people are more active off such. Captain Bhankas. You belong to the first group it seems.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:39 am

Captain Bhankas wrote:

no, there are different. i doubt sasthi is from TN. i think she is kannadiga.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:56 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
Captain Bhankas wrote:

Sasthi is From Karnataka but she is an ethnic tamil.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:58 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
truthbetold wrote:

right!

hellsangel - (purportedly) KN
b_A - (purportedly) AP
kv - (purportedly) sri lankan tamil
ashaNirasha - AP

HA is from Karnataka but i believe he is an ethnic Telugu.

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:25 am

truthbetold wrote:however, i have to point that few regulars were missing. hellangel , b-a, and kv.

HA - well, that handle is more secretive than north korea. i don't know its gender neither do i know its domicile. Smile

What an irony, isn't it? especially given his/her/its penchant for calling others with their real names.

truthbetold wrote:
i don't know who b_a is. i don't recall any interactions with this handle.

I think it's another handle of PI/Silksmitha/Appalamma/Pope etc.,

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:31 am

Captain Bhankas wrote:census time.

TN (15)
Saraji Bojiji
Uppiliji
MaxEntropy_man
kris
sasthi
ponniyin selvan
kokeelaben
kokeelaben jr
nevada (?)
BW
DM
GC

AP ( 8 )
charvaka
propagandhi711
PI
TBT
kinnera
confuzeled dude
-sandilya ji
nandu

KN (1)
MD

MH (2)
CB
Ashdoc

tracey trivedi
rashmun
southindian
shaven
dear sevaji

WB (1)
HK

Mad a self proclaimed prominent poster is missing from this analysis. that's all i am saying. Where is the love, captain?

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:31 am

Captain Bhankas wrote:

tracey trivedi
rashmun
southindian
shaven
dear sevaji

Hahaha, Is this reverse stereotyping (of Madrasi) or what!! We all know that the great Sevaji is from this wonderful & beautiful state called HP & Tracyji is from U.P (suburbs of Delhi!?)

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:33 am

kokeelaben
kokeelaben jr

bwahahahahaaa. which one's the original and which is the junior?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:37 am

Impedimenta wrote:

Mad a self proclaimed prominent poster is missing from this analysis. that's all i am saying. Where is the love, captain?

and Maria may not forgive him for classifying her as Syrian Iyerni

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:13 am

put HA under TN.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:21 am

Flying, "as per usual", below radar!

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:46 am

TN (15)
Saraji Bojiji
Uppiliji
MaxEntropy_man
kris
sasthi
ponniyin selvan
kokeelaben
kokeelaben jr
nevada (?)
BW
DM
GC

AP ( 8 )
charvaka
propagandhi711
PI
TBT
kinnera
confuzeled dude
-sandilya ji
nandu

KN (1)
MD

MH (2)
CB
Ashdoc

tracey trivedi
rashmun
southindian
shaven
dear sevaji

WB (1)
HK

Nice compliation. Are you also keeping note of people who are on the list but have died?
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:53 am

Muezzin-Bar'chu wrote:Flying, "as per usual", below radar!
muezzin bacchu aka atcg - TN. right?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:07 am

HA cannot speak a word of tamil to save his life. once i tested rekz's tamil by taking help from HA. rekz passed but HA got exposed; bole to reverse swing. Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:07 am

handigaḷu gumpugaḷu baruttave; sinhagaḷu oṇṭiyāgi baruttu...
- said a wise man once...

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:11 am

Muezzin-Bar'chu wrote:Flying, "as per usual", below radar!

I have a suspicion that you are kokeelaben or jr. But I may be wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:12 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:HA cannot speak a word of tamil to save his life. once i tested rekz's tamil by taking help from HA. rekz passed but HA got exposed; bole to reverse swing. Shocked

I also think HA is under Tamil.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:24 am

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:HA cannot speak a word of tamil to save his life. once i tested rekz's tamil by taking help from HA. rekz passed but HA got exposed; bole to reverse swing. Shocked

then he must be. i was only speculating. he has never responded to my questions (in private) about his provenance. 2 heads are better than 1. put him under TN.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:27 am

Rashmun wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
Captain Bhankas wrote:

Sasthi is From Karnataka but she is an ethnic tamil.

Maulana Half-Baked Fakir:

Wrong again.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:47 am

oh god @ all these theories. I am glad i know what i know and i know the truth. phew....

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:50 am

Impedimenta wrote:oh god @ all these theories. I am glad i know what i know and i know the truth. phew....
out with it now!

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:09 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
Impedimenta wrote:oh god @ all these theories. I am glad i know what i know and i know the truth. phew....
out with it now!

i would if i could but i cannot so i will not. besides, wait for my book. it's out in 2014. you are taking the longest to write about. you need to stop telling me stuff.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:23 pm

Impedimenta wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
out with it now!

i would if i could but i cannot so i will not.
fine. be that way. so you only gossip in private. check your notes. or give me hulo's email id. i bet he knows everything.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:28 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:

then he must be. i was only speculating. he has never responded to my questions (in private) about his provenance. 2 heads are better than 1. put him under TN.

I just said he is under Tamil. I did not say anything about his Provenance.

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:56 pm

couple more missing names for captain's work bench. doofus -maximus . tn, may be. raw emotions. probably not from si . but no real clue .

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:57 pm

THREE states make claim to Indo: Chattisghar, Odisha, Andhra (soon, the number will go up to 4 - Telangana, Seemandhra, Odisha and Chattisghar)!

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:59 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:

I just said he is under Tamil. I did not say anything about his Provenance.

HA is a 'tribal' member.

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next