Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

why don't i simply steal their furniture?

3 posters

Go down

why don't i simply steal their furniture?  Empty why don't i simply steal their furniture?

Post by Captain Bhankas Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:59 am

so, i bought a few stocks from my first (unlisted) employer a decade ago and i have lost the share certificate. you don't value any such certificate when you are in your early 20s. now i want a duplicate one and the procedure is so dreadful, i am wondering if i should simply steal my ex-employer's furniture, sell it in the flea market and recover my investment. surely, that will be quicker?

1. prepare affidavit
2. prepare surety & indemnity
3. FIR with police
4. advertise the loss in newspapers and/or in gazette

that along with three and a half kilograms of paperwork. why can't they simply verify my identity and issue a dup?

/rant
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

why don't i simply steal their furniture?  Empty Re: why don't i simply steal their furniture?

Post by Merlot Daruwala Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:03 am

Wow. Sounds painful. Thank god I never owned a single physical share certificate in my life. Straight away began with a demat account in the mid-90s.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

why don't i simply steal their furniture?  Empty Re: why don't i simply steal their furniture?

Post by Captain Bhankas Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:40 am

good for you. this was right at the beginning of this century and i did not have a demat account then.
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:26 am

Whats a demat account?

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:43 am

demat=de-materialize. e-acct. no paper certificates.
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:08 am

Captain Bhankas wrote:so, i bought a few stocks from my first (unlisted) employer a decade ago and i have lost the share certificate. you don't value any such certificate when you are in your early 20s. now i want a duplicate one and the procedure is so dreadful, i am wondering if i should simply steal my ex-employer's furniture, sell it in the flea market and recover my investment. surely, that will be quicker?

1. prepare affidavit
2. prepare surety & indemnity
3. FIR with police
4. advertise the loss in newspapers and/or in gazette

that along with three and a half kilograms of paperwork. why can't they simply verify my identity and issue a dup?

/rant

I have some share certificate from Indian companies (Duhh....) still sitting. Except to change ownership or redeem them, it will cost lot more than the share value and not to mention the months/years of time to be spent on legal matters.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down