Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FL theme parks: full clothes or exposed

2 posters

Go down

FL theme parks: full clothes or exposed

FL theme parks: full clothes or exposed Vote_lcap67%FL theme parks: full clothes or exposed Vote_rcap 67% 
[ 2 ]
FL theme parks: full clothes or exposed Vote_lcap0%FL theme parks: full clothes or exposed Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
FL theme parks: full clothes or exposed Vote_lcap0%FL theme parks: full clothes or exposed Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
FL theme parks: full clothes or exposed Vote_lcap33%FL theme parks: full clothes or exposed Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 3

Poll closed

FL theme parks: full clothes or exposed Empty FL theme parks: full clothes or exposed

Post by Guest Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:44 am

Won't full sleeved light materials go better than letting your skin burn?

Back to top Go down

FL theme parks: full clothes or exposed Empty Re: FL theme parks: full clothes or exposed

Post by Guest Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:46 am

FYI, this is not yet another step towards my auntification... I've been badly sun burned before... and once wore this full sleeve top and felt much cooler....

Back to top Go down

FL theme parks: full clothes or exposed Empty Re: FL theme parks: full clothes or exposed

Post by ashaNirasha Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:55 am

skirts? capris? Is there no limit to the number of options you can have in a poll?

ashaNirasha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:00 pm

trying not to pack skirts.. will go in many upar neeche rides, and if at all, they go with shorts category... capris are in same category as pants....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:06 pm

who is going? when ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:35 am

Lived in FL - spent many a day at the beaches of Dunedin; wear sunscreen SPF30 or more; and shoe; enjoy the rides; take nauseatingly "cute" pics of Mickey; get FASTPASS will cut your time in those lines...enjoy maadi!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:35 am

FL theme parks: full clothes or exposed Worthl10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:29 am

Richard Hed wrote:FL theme parks: full clothes or exposed Worthl10

ok, srsly, I think you have overused this banner today.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:31 am

why is it that most people who want to walk around in public spaces with the least clothes on are also the fattest? this holds true in the men's room at the gym too. fat slobs letting it all hang out and walking around like they own the place. yuck.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:48 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:why is it that most people who want to walk around in public spaces with the least clothes on are also the fattest?

Maybe coz they feel the most heat?

My daughter was kinda not well, no fever or such, but sore throat... as such she is bad in hot weather, she actually prefers Winter. Y'day she went on a field trip. She had her swim costume, and then her own t-shirt, and then they were given polos from school, so she wore that on top of her t-shirt (I am still questioning her on that, her reason - the polo shirt was kinda short, and I like some kinda t-shirt to cover the top of my shorts... made me go Rolling Eyes )... 3 layers, when she rarely wears 3 layers in winters too.

So while standing in the sun for 2 hours she got heat exhaustion. not sure if it's coz she was already sick, or if she didn't drink enough water (she rarely drinks water - but claims y'day she drank TWO glasses), or if she had 3 layers on, or all of the above... anyways, she got dizzy, saw drifting images, colors, what not, and sat down. They called first aid, her heart rate had shot up. The school nurse called me confirming whether I knew she had sore throat or not, and to take her to to doc today, etc, etc (wow they make the school nurse go on field trips here)..... anyways, then they forced her to sleep coz of which she missed out on all the fun stuff, and came back totally unhappy. The fact that their school won all the chorus prizes didn't cheer her up much either.

I am now worried how she will do in FL. Thinking of it, she hasn't always done too well in situations where she has been very hot (like me - at that age, even I was bad in hot weather - once I had to stand in the sun for 2 hours, and I ended up throwing up crazy after dinner that night). Actually my son gets nose bleeds too in hot weather (like me when I was a kid)... When we went to Hershey 2 weeks on a super hot day, we took a super soaker ride first thing there, and that kept us cool for next 3-4 hours till we dried out.

Have decided these:

Hats all the time.
breezy light full sleeve shirts,
lose shorts - no denim.
will keep getting wet e'once in a while - that's what I do in most theme parks, walk through those water sprays e'once in a while, or pour some water on myself.

Last edited by Tracy Whitney on Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:52 am

heat exhaustion is no fun. yeah plenty of water, loose cotton clothes and hats is the way to go.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:27 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:
Richard Hed wrote:FL theme parks: full clothes or exposed Worthl10

ok, srsly, I think you have overused this banner today.

LOL - I did post a few very useful tips though...having lived in FL for many years and still having family/friend in the TPA-Orlando area...a few more. :-)

Fly into TPA, and rent a car- cheaper and you don' have to deal with the crowds at MCO; fluid up - carry gatorade; eat a cold breakfast; carry extra pair of socks, they have this small water/fans - it's good for kids.

Also, if you have the time - check out the beaches (some amazing ones); will post recos if you need.

And yeah, post pics!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:49 pm

thanks.. already booked to MCO, too late.

This is my 4th trip to Orlando, and 5th to Florida. Orlando was in 97, 99, 2002, and now... in 99, daughter was a baby and it was september.. I could totally take care of her... when she was 4, we went in november, so that was pleasant. When she was 2.5, in 2000 we had gone to Ft. Lauderdale/Miami, in August, and all of us had come back badly sun-burned as we were on beach most of the time, but it wasn't so bad, no one got sick.

See when they are younger, it's easier to keep them sheltered/protected. Now with cousins, they'd want to do their own thing.

Among FL beaches, I have been to Daytona beach, Ft. Lauderdale, and Key Largo (had planned for Key West but it was too far to go and come back in time for our flight).

We have a day set for Tampa beach this time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:49 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:

Caladesi Island State Park...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:37 pm

Richard Hed wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:

Caladesi Island State Park...

Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:16 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:
Hats all the time.
breezy light full sleeve shirts,
lose shorts - no denim.
will keep getting wet e'once in a while - that's what I do in most theme parks, walk through those water sprays e'once in a while, or pour some water on myself.

Don't do that - denim or not.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down