Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deleterious effects of Dale Carnegie

3 posters

Go down

Deleterious effects of Dale Carnegie Empty Deleterious effects of Dale Carnegie

Post by Rishi Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:19 pm

One of the books I read in my early years was the book by Dale Carnegie on how to win friends and influence others.

I can easily engage in a conversation with people. I really listen actively. That is one of the advice Dale Carnegie gives. But sometimes it had unintended side-effects. Within twenty minutes after having met me, people tell me almost everything. Sometimes even their personal problems.

I saw this guy one day volunteering for a desi function. I said hi to him. And then he shakes my hand, "I am Bheema Naidu," he said. "I am Venkat," I said "what do you do?" The man got flattered. "I own my own company." Then he said that he had a Ph. D in engineering.

Then he said that his company had a contract with a large defense contractor here in America. He was an intermediary between the government of India and the American company. The GOI bought some equipment worth a billion dollars. The American company cut this guy off from the deal and started directly negotiating with GOI. The man was denied his 1%. So he sued the American company and won. That was $10 million dollars. "we have to fight here in this country" he said with a gleam in his eye.

All this information within the first 15 minutes after introducing each other.

When I went home, suddenly a thought came to me. 10 million dollars is almost like a winning a lottery. Usually the tax man takes more than half of your money away.

Next week, I ran into him. I paused and asked him "last week, You said you won a huge award."

"yes"

"Did you have to pay a lot of tax on that?"

"It is none of your business," the man shouted.

"Well, you were the one who told me all the details. I just got curious."

"When I say none of your business, you are supposed to stop," he said.

That was the end of that.

A few weeks later I ran into him again. He was very friendly. "Hello how have you been.."

The irony is that he got a good education from reputed schools back home which was heavily subsidized by the citizens of India. Now he has ripped of the Indian tax payers after coming here to America. That 10 million dollars was Indian money.

Btw what was wrong with my question?

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Deleterious effects of Dale Carnegie Empty Re: Deleterious effects of Dale Carnegie

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:22 am

been trolling majorly, big breasts?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Deleterious effects of Dale Carnegie Empty Re: Deleterious effects of Dale Carnegie

Post by Captain Bhankas Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:11 am

Rishi wrote:I said hi to him. And then he shakes my hand, "I am Bheema Naidu," he said. "I am Venkat," I said.

you don't say!
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down