Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Restlessness?

+2
Merlot Daruwala
TruthSeeker
6 posters

Go down

Restlessness? Empty Restlessness?

Post by TruthSeeker Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:51 pm

Restlessness is not a sign of peace.

Who had peace in this world's history?

How did they obtain it?

I do know that Gautam Buddha was extremely restless, before he found it under some tree.

I also know, that I have NOT found one person who has it, in all my life - real or virtual.

So, whats the catch?

Why is to so elusive to everyone?

Regards,
TS.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Restlessness? Empty Re: Restlessness?

Post by Merlot Daruwala Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:24 pm

The restlessness comes from a pointless quest for purpose in life. Peace comes from knowing there is no higher purpose than to eat, drink and have sex. This is the truth you were seeking. So make your peace with it.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:36 pm

TruthSeeker wrote:Restlessness is not a sign of peace.

How did they obtain it?

I do know that Gautam Buddha was extremely restless, before he found it under some tree.

I also know, that I have NOT found one person who has it, in all my life - real or virtual.

So, whats the catch?

Regards,
TS.

ritalinus indicus ?

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:33 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:The restlessness comes from a pointless quest for purpose in life. Peace comes from knowing there is no higher purpose than to eat, drink and have sex. This is the truth you were seeking. So make your peace with it.

Bingo. This is what some ppl say it with lectures/pravachan/videos/CDs/retreats(paid/free)/etc. And some are saintly clad or scantily clad and some even get actresses who fall for them. You are perfectly qualified to have followers and ready to start an ashram! Smile

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:49 pm

Gee living in a world without world wars, terrorist attacks, and any sort of violence is itself peace. If you are talking about self peace - then it varies with people. For me it is a week off away from everything-Just me and myself with music and good food and wine. One of these days I am going to take a recreation tour all by myself or indulge myself in a spa package. Sooner also gonna quit my job – that’s another thing.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:40 am

TruthSeeker wrote:Restlessness is not a sign of peace.

How did they obtain it?

So, whats the catch?

Regards,
TS.
Peace, like happiness, has to be found within. When you remind yourself that there is a no higher purpose than living your life on your own terms, I find that it is easier to be at peace.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Restlessness? Empty Restlessness?

Post by TruthSeeker Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:35 am

@idefix - Living one's life on their own terms is good - makes one responsible for their actions, and not find excuses for better or worse - but where do you draw the line between your terms and your loved ones? Did Buddha feel nothing when he left his wife, all by herself? Did Tukaram feel nothing when he left his kids to feed for themselves? There is a lot of conflict.

Thanks for your reply,
TS.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down