Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anti-Cousin dating App

3 posters

Go down

Anti-Cousin dating App Empty Anti-Cousin dating App

Post by Rishi Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:25 pm

A group of students at the University of Iceland in Reykjavík have created an Android app that prevents Icelanders from accidentally dating their cousins.

The app draws information from the Íslendingabók database, a national record of Iceland residents and family trees dating back into the Middle Ages.

Arnar Aðalsteinsson, Alexander Helgason and Hákon Björnsson, in their final year at the University of Iceland, entered and won an app-building contest sponsored by the tenders of the Íslendingabók database.

When you tap phones with someone who has the app, it brings up an alert if the owners of the two phones share a grandparent.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Anti-Cousin dating App Empty Re: Anti-Cousin dating App

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:01 am

Rishi wrote:A group of students at the University of Iceland in Reykjavík have created an Android app that prevents Icelanders from accidentally dating their cousins.

The app draws information from the Íslendingabók database, a national record of Iceland residents and family trees dating back into the Middle Ages.

Arnar Aðalsteinsson, Alexander Helgason and Hákon Björnsson, in their final year at the University of Iceland, entered and won an app-building contest sponsored by the tenders of the Íslendingabók database.

When you tap phones with someone who has the app, it brings up an alert if the owners of the two phones share a grandparent.

with a population of just over 500,000 one does not need any APPS....Razz

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by gone Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:43 am

This would be perfect for this inbred small town. They need to do something about the diversity of their gene pool.

Almost everyone is related to everyone else directly or indirectly. Sherriff's sister married to judge's son. District attorney is the son-in-law of the mayor. I'm sure there's been plenty of inbreeding over the generations. I mean if you can't afford to drive the next town, and your choices are limited in this town, then yeah, you marry your cousin.

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:56 am

Ms, went to a family-owned pizza place with son yday. Lots of oldies were having a meal there, as that area is close to a retirement community. Saw their interaction with the owner and wife. Everyone knowing all about each others families, and inquiring more. Gave me a warm fuzzy feeling to watch that. I myself may not like it, but I can see why such social interactions, etc must be good for mental health, specially at that age.

Back to top Go down

Post by gone Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:42 am

I wouldn't mind moving back here someday when I retire. Low cost of living, lots of nature, and everyone knows everyone. I just can't have my life pass me by here with no career, no like-minded friends, no urban offerings, no diversity or culture.

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down