Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sadhus want Modi as PM: Should Sadhus stay away from politics?

Go down

Should Sadhus stay away from politics?

Sadhus want Modi as PM: Should Sadhus stay away from politics? Vote_lcap50%Sadhus want Modi as PM: Should Sadhus stay away from politics? Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 1 ]
Sadhus want Modi as PM: Should Sadhus stay away from politics? Vote_lcap50%Sadhus want Modi as PM: Should Sadhus stay away from politics? Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 2

Sadhus want Modi as PM: Should Sadhus stay away from politics? Empty Sadhus want Modi as PM: Should Sadhus stay away from politics?

Post by Guest Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:59 pm

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Sadhus-want-Narendra-Modi-declared-NDAs-PM-candidate/articleshow/19746944.cms

Back to top Go down

Sadhus want Modi as PM: Should Sadhus stay away from politics? Empty Re: Sadhus want Modi as PM: Should Sadhus stay away from politics?

Post by truthbetold Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:19 pm

Sadhus are citizens with voting rights. Why should they not express their opinions?
Maulanas and christian priests participate actively in politics. Did you make a similar demand in their case?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Sadhus want Modi as PM: Should Sadhus stay away from politics? Empty Re: Sadhus want Modi as PM: Should Sadhus stay away from politics?

Post by Guest Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:23 pm

truthbetold wrote:Sadhus are citizens with voting rights. Why should they not express their opinions?
Maulanas and christian priests participate actively in politics. Did you make a similar demand in their case?

I am against political appeals by any religious figure. Maulanas and Priests in India to the best of my knowledge have not made appeals for any communal leader ( with the possible exception of Hyderabad), but I am opposed to political appeals by them also.

Religious figures should devote their time to spiritual pursuits and should stay away from politics in my opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:36 pm

You are entitled to your opinion.
Maulanas and christian priests influence voters directly and through religious fun tions.
Hindu religious figures have also participated in elections.
All of them have a right to participate in democratic process.
It happens in the west. I do not see a problem.
citizens of a nation should decide if their message is supported or not.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down