Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Art of Spinning

Go down

The Art of Spinning  Empty The Art of Spinning

Post by Guest Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:03 am

When Ramdev's followers and supporters were evicted from RamLila ground, some people got injured. Only one person seems to have suffered an irreversible injury: she suffered fractures on her spine.

Pavan Bansal, the Union Parliamentary minister, feels that this lady must have suffered the spinal injury after some object fell on her spine.

-------
Karan Thapar: What about the 30 odd people who were injured even though they were minor injuries? What about Rajbala, who is critically ill?

Pawan Kumar Bansal I agree with that…

Karan Thapar: She is a poor person who may end up paralysed for life.

Pawan Kumar Bansal This is a very important question which in fact distresses me as well. But again you have to look into it, we must to be swayed by our feelings. You have to look into it that what could have possibly happened. You have to ask for the medical report. What is the medical report? Whether she has been hit by something or whether some object fell on her? Unfortunately something must have fallen on her spine.

Karan Thapar: Are you absolutely sure that she wasn't hit by the police?

Pawan Kumar Bansal Well I feel so she wasn't.

Karan Thapar: What do you mean feel so?

Pawan Kumar Bansal Well I wasn't present on the occasion.

Karan Thapar: So then you don't know.

Pawan Kumar Bansal Please don't say what I'm saying couldn't be correct. What I'm saying is police had nothing to hit anyone.

Karan Thapar: You have just a 50 per cent chance on being correct on this. You are conjecturing and you are conjecturing while you want to defend the government.

Pawan Kumar Bansal No no, What I feel is, I said that incident distresses me. It make me sad to learn that, that lady might not be able to walk again at all in her lifetime.

Karan Thapar: If it leaves you sad imagine how it leaves her family, her husband, her children.

Pawan Kumar Bansal I agree, I empathise with her.

Karan Thapar: Leave empathy aside. How about an apology?

Pawan Kumar Bansal Well the first thing the government has announced is taking care of…

Karan Thapar: What about an apology? How about the simple words we are sorry?

Pawan Kumar Bansal I won't comment into those matters at the moment.

Karan Thapar: Is the government too big and too proud to apologise to an aam aadmi (Common man).

Pawan Kumar Bansal Your suggestion I will convey.

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/no-apology-for-ramdev-eviction-pawan-bansal/158756-3.html[u]

Back to top Go down

The Art of Spinning  Empty Re: The Art of Spinning

Post by charvaka Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:09 pm

Again, apt title. Pawanji's attempts at spinning didn't really work, it sounds like.

Karan Thapar is wrong when he says Pawanji has a 50% likelihood of being right. Just because there are two possibilities does not mean that they are equally likely.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down