Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

risk off?

3 posters

Go down

risk off? Empty risk off?

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed May 22, 2013 2:51 pm

helicopter ben is rocking the market and dollar with his remarks to congress. wonder if this means market will operate in risk off and sell momemtum..

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

risk off? Empty Re: risk off?

Post by Idéfix Wed May 22, 2013 3:57 pm

What the fuck was that? I had a buy for scty at 44 that executed and when I went to see current price it was down to 41. Now it is near 44 again. DDD is down a bunch too.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed May 22, 2013 4:03 pm

Rsol down 14% today. Am tempted to get in if it loses a little more.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed May 22, 2013 5:45 pm

am not buying anything yet. my buy orders are in but at levels quite low related to where they currently are.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Wed May 22, 2013 11:30 pm

Idéfix wrote:Rsol down 14% today. Am tempted to get in if it loses a little more.

Most of the solar stocks are junk. They just went into bubble mode because of SCTY .
Actually , the solar stocks going up was one of the warning signs that stock market rally is entering the climax.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu May 23, 2013 9:30 am

b_A wrote:
Idéfix wrote:Rsol down 14% today. Am tempted to get in if it loses a little more.

Most of the solar stocks are junk. They just went into bubble mode because of SCTY .
Actually , the solar stocks going up was one of the warning signs that stock market rally is entering the climax.

there is some junk that took off in the past couple of weeks but that hardly is confirmation abt the larger stockmarket (imo). if there is indeed a bubble in solar and other "future" endeavors (additive mfng, electric cars etc) then it's a very small one since none of those stocks are at their all time highs - FSLR for instance is the largest of those and it's barely 4 bln in market cap and is well below it's 2008-2010 values...if anything the bubble burst back then and now stocks are rising from the dead with positive press and concrete deals on horizon. I would also say that goldman investing 500 million in solar city is a big plus. yes you can draw parallels to dotcom and telecom bubbles where venture funds threw money at everything but I dont think that euphoria exists currently, they're being far more selective on who gets funding.

also ignoring the red-herring of solar stocks jumping 100% in one week, there is no evidence of bubble...there is no "broad" participation in the stock market, namely retail investors are still largely on sidelines. typically retail investors piling on and bidding everything up is a sign of market top and that hasn't yet.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri May 24, 2013 11:14 am

My sell on scty executed today at 50. 15% in two days. I am putting in another buy at 45.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Fri May 24, 2013 9:48 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
b_A wrote:

there is some junk that took off in the past couple of weeks but that hardly is confirmation abt the larger stockmarket (imo). if there is indeed a bubble in solar and other "future" endeavors (additive mfng, electric cars etc) then it's a very small one since none of those stocks are at their all time highs - FSLR for instance is the largest of those and it's barely 4 bln in market cap and is well below it's 2008-2010 values...if anything the bubble burst back then and now stocks are rising from the dead with positive press and concrete deals on horizon. I would also say that goldman investing 500 million in solar city is a big plus. yes you can draw parallels to dotcom and telecom bubbles where venture funds threw money at everything but I dont think that euphoria exists currently, they're being far more selective on who gets funding.

also ignoring the red-herring of solar stocks jumping 100% in one week, there is no evidence of bubble...there is no "broad" participation in the stock market, namely retail investors are still largely on sidelines. typically retail investors piling on and bidding everything up is a sign of market top and that hasn't yet.

In other words, "This time , it's different".

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down